Engine Idle Issue

bowvmi2001

Local time
4:38 AM
I have a Husasheng 49cc motor on my bike. I have had it for about 8 months with no major issues. However today it developed a rather odd issue. When the engine idles it wants to propel the bike forward. I tried adjusting the idle screw, but if I turn it any further down the engine dies. I think that the problem is either in the carburetor or the transmission/clutch. Has anyone encountered this same problem or know what the problem might be?

I have a Husasheng 49cc motor on my bike. I think that the problem is either in the carburetor or the transmission/clutch. Has anyone encountered this same problem or know what the problem might be?
What transmission/clutch are you using?

Just a little bit of trash in the idle jet will lean the mixture out too much to cause that problem. Also any air leak between the carb and the engine and any crank seal leak will do that.

mine started doing something similar to that
I got a bottle of B12 Carburetor Cleaner, that seemed to fix it .

I took my carb off and disassembled it soaked all the parts in the B12 . put it back together and that fixed mine.

If you are lucky just adding it to a tank of gas will fix it.

need any more help post or PM me.

Thanks for all of the trouble shooting ideas. It turns out it was a broken clutch flywheel spring. That caused one of the clutch pads to come into contact with the drum at very low RPMs.
photo copy.jpg

easy fix i'd replace all 3. That'sdax sells them in 3s and has different rpm choices.

Back