Engine Life

P

Patch

So could someone tell me how long these engines last (in hours)? I would be taking REALLY Good care of it due to my lesson in Rc engines (the one you learn the HARD way)

Would using after run RC car oil be good for the engine? Just a thought :D

Thanks

Before I bought my first GEBE (RedMax/Zenoah 25cc) I called experienced owners and got the lowdown.

The key is seating that cylinder in the breakin period, which IS accomplished a bit differently for this smallest weedwhacker engine, than on the larger 40 cc Tanakas, etc.

Nonetheless, I was told I would feel a burst of "horsepower" at about 150 miles, and this is true.

I was also told another burst would be felt at around 1,000 miles, and this happened to me in Oklahoma last year, right around the 1,400 th mile on the return leg from Denver. (It may have occurred earlier in Colorado, but the altitude played mind tricks on me and the engine).

There just seems to be nothing that could happen after that, so simple if you add the 50:1 oil, clean the lines/exhaust every now and then.

The plugs stay clean, my main personal engine, (the Denver one) has 4,000 miles minimum, and still uses the original plug.

I was thinking more on the 2 stroke dax engines and stuff but thanks bamabikeguy :D

Anyone with that's dax input

No need for afterrun oil in a gasoline powered 2 stroke engine. Afterrun oil is used to coat the rc engines bearings from acidic combustion byproducts from the nitromethane and to protect from water that is naturally attracted to methanol (methanol is hygroscopic).

Engine life is an unknown at this time. A marine 2 stroke outboard is good for 1500-2000 hours but they are water cooled. If you get 500 hours out of an aircooled 2 stroke you are doing good.

I plan on replacing piston rings each season for only 15 minutes of work and 8 bucks of cost.

I got my tiger motor from a guy in tucson Az i think it was a spookie tooth bike when i bought it brand new on a huffy bike he work on it for 3 days to get it to start that was in 2002 he was so mad with it he sold it to me for 150.00 bike and all I put it in my truck and drove it home then it sat in the yard till summer of 2003 then i got board and brought it in to the shop put it up on the bench it would fire but not stay running and would just pour gas out the air filter...so I see whats going on here . I pull the carb and free up the needle valve took my drimmel and did a quick honning on the carb body and put the needle back in and got rid of that piece of junk clear fuel line and put on some good rubber line I replace the twist in stock 5mm spark plug line honned the hard plastic cdi body to take a 8.5 excel wire and put in some gas mix and road the bike out my drive way and down the wash and dumped the cluch and it went putt putt putt bang! it was off....i ran thought the park for oh I would say 30 secs till.....what the heck letts go to the store......ran to the store at full tilt 35 on Main and I was passing cars left and right got to the store and I was bombarded by lookie lous and dreamers and I was hooked from there....that was 2003 and I've got a speedometer just shortly after that and i have 8228.7 on it as of tonight and all i did was at 250 miles I had to do a ring job so I said what the heck i found so new old honda 70 hop up parts honned the jug and put in the rings and piston after going to a friend in Parker and having the piston turned to fit had the jug hot tanked and magnafluxed then back home to have a pop and some bloody knouckels and bang it ran like a raped ape...that was almost 8 gs ago and I still have all the top end and then some i'm almost 300lbs and i pull a 7 mile hill comeing back from California(for shoping at Albertsons) twice a week me bike and trailer and maybe 80lbs of stuff at 36mph and thats uphill loadedand when I get going down I get to 44mph and grab the cluch and i get up to 48-49mph but at this speed my weight helps and so dose the 3' 100psi tires I would say I have maybe 900.00 in my motorbike and 4 12 packs of beer for my friends for there work but what I have saved in gas alone in the passed 3 1/2 years its paid for itself time and time againso I guess I built it right from the start I guess thats from building my own cars for so long......nuff said for now it all in how you take care of your motor....later LW

I think that would be a bit easier on the eyes if you edited your post with correct spelling and punctuation. Not trying to be rude in any way, but I think the other members here would enjoy it.

JosephGarcia said:
I think that would be a bit easier on the eyes if you edited your post with correct spelling and punctuation. Not trying to be rude in any way, but I think the other members here would enjoy it.

1271_Picture_018_1.jpg

nuff said

locoWelder said:
JosephGarcia said:

1271_Picture_018_1.jpg

nuff said

Haha! :D

Back