Engine Noise

I did the putty test, but it didn't go over well. I wrapped it in aluminum foil and even used zip ties. The putty was too slippery and it fell through the foil and onto the ground. So I couldn't test it.

Just a heads up. Your front fender is a serious crash just waiting to happen. The vibrations cause the "L" bracket to break at the bend and the fender falls onto the tire and locks it up. You then eat asphalt. It never turns out good. If you must have a steel front fender it really needs 2 sets of fender stays and the "L" bracket removed and replaced with a stronger thicker one. The fender should be attached at 3 points.

Just a heads up. Your front fender is a serious crash just waiting to happen. The vibrations cause the "L" bracket to break at the bend and the fender falls onto the tire and locks it up. You then eat asphalt. It never turns out good. If you must have a steel front fender it really needs 2 sets of fender stays and the "L" bracket removed and replaced with a stronger thicker one. The fender should be attached at 3 points.
Thanks, I'll see about attaching it at 3 points or taking it off.

There is an hour of your life, you're never getting back.
At least the putty does work. But since it dries up so easily, its probably not worth it. However the engine surface temp is half the temp of the muffler, so it won't dry up as quickly and maybe there's a way to keep it moisturized, but I still don't know if its worth it.

A water tight metal box with a chimney (to let the steam out and to add more water) around the cylinder head filled with water would cool it down good. And would reduce noise.

Reduce a lot of noise i bet. It is so nice riding vibration free and silent with my electric. You can actually talk to someone riding beside you.

Back