Engine rear mount breaks in engine block! Help!

Local time
7:34 AM
Well his is a very new engine. Perhaps about less than 50 miles on it. Then. The rear engine mount snaps. One mount is ok but in the other mount the bolt broke inside of it. I mange to get like a quater inch of the bolt out via drilling and drilling but cant seem to get the rest out. I actually had to enlarge the mount holes beyond 6mm a little but I just cant seem to get the rest out. Its a wonderful engine, I dont want to loose it. What can I do? If I do succeed I will get a SBP engine hardware kit immediatly because before I was just using the cheap chinese bolts. All other 3 bolts are intact, just that ONE REAR MOUNT!

How about picking up a set of left hand drills (you need a reversible drill to use them ) I got a set from HF. When you drill with them, typically, the remainder of the bolt catches and the bolt unwinds and pops out.

Wow. That sounds like a great Idea. Now I just gotta find where to get them! In the mean time while I shop around online. (Weather here is terrible this week), is there any other possible solutions?

Rear mount bolt (studs)

I have the same problem! Good thing I have a back up engine. The left hand drill bits are the best way to go, if the studs are not bottomed out too tight! I changed my rear studs (on my back up engine) with 8.8 bolts from N.A.P.A. (6mm x 1.0) Good Luck! It is not hard to remove broken studs, It takes tools and a good eye, (drill straight down the center of the stud!) If your rear mount is not square with the seat tube, the studs (chinee) will not hold up! This is what happened to my MARCARGI framed D.I.Y. kit I got from B.B. The frame angle does not match the mount angle on the engine!!!

Attachments

• 000_0005.jpg
    000_0005.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 309
  • 100_0574.jpg
    100_0574.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 404
Back