Engine recommendation that accommodates this style of carb?

I don't understand - why does the frame of the bike matter in regards to engine selection?
This is a typical BMX bike in pic below, I wouldn't even begin to mess with putting a CG motor on a typical BMXer, too much to go through to make everything fit and get things to be aligned properly.

bmx-bikes-gt-0077-644fdbea308a8.jpg

I am assuming by the way, that your having to finagle a rear style of motor mounting behind the seat post and rigging the chain for an up to down configuration vs a forward to back configuration and have probably experienced some sort of "chain rolling" alignment issue resulting in chain failure/breakage due to motor flex on its mountings because of that somewhat unorthodox use of a China Girl motor versus using a more traditional friction type drive motor more conducive to that style of mounting a motor on a bicycle like a BMX.

You can run the Phantom as a piston port motor and utilize the 40mm offset intake if so desired. More than a few people in the phantom 85 Facebook group have done so and state the engine is still very powerful that way, especially if port matched. All it takes is an inexpensive Hyway ms460 piston. The saw the.Phantom cylinder was based off of is run piston port stock and is quite powerful.

My other top pick for a bigger "premium" 2 stroke would be the Zeda 100 Max. Basically a YD100 but with a G4 or G5 based 50mm bore 2 piece cylinder design. "100cc" without any of the drawbacks of the YD or LD annoyances.

You stated you needed that carb setup.for your BMX bike. Neither of us have built a bmx before so we aren't sure how to help.
Yeah, I just need a carb that attaches with a coupler like in the images - that's it.

I am assuming by the way, that your having to finagle a rear style of motor mounting behind the seat post and rigging the chain for an up to down configuration vs a forward to back configuration and have probably experienced some sort of "chain rolling" alignment issue resulting in chain failure/breakage due to motor flex on its mountings because of that somewhat unorthodox use of a China Girl motor versus using a more traditional friction type drive motor more conducive to that style of mounting a motor on a bicycle like a BMX.
The mounts are pinned to the frame to prevent rolling. That, along with a proper spring-loaded tensioner, I haven't had any issues with it. But you are correct that it's mounted above the rear tire.

Yeah, I just need a carb that attaches with a coupler like in the images - that's it.

The mounts are pinned to the frame to prevent rolling. That, along with a proper spring-loaded tensioner, I haven't had any issues with it. But you are correct that it's mounted above the rear tire.
You can order a dio reed block along with the phantom and you will have the proper setup then. Can you post some pictures of your bike?

You can order a dio reed block along with the phantom and you will have the proper setup then. Can you post some pictures of your bike?
Is there a reason I should go with the dio reed block along with the phantom VS the Zeda 100 Max?? I'll see if I can dig up an old pic or two.

Hey all, I'm looking for recommendations of an engine to purchase. I've bought a couple of them on ebay in the past year or two and had nothing but problems. I'm looking for something premium, reliable, and powerful. 80cc or larger. Budget is unlimited. Also, due to the way my engine mounting is on my bmx bike, I find it best to run the style of carb that attaches with a silicone coupler like in the images below.

Please share some URL's. I'm ready to get this bike running again. Thanks!

Saw carbs are the easiest to use, and create gobs of high rpm power. Bigger the better to a point. 20-22mm throats is the best for 66-80 true cc's. If you are creating a screaming machine, 28mm is awesome on the top, crap on the mid and bottom though. If you are building a meaty beast, I'd stay around 22mm for my saw carb. Tuning is so easy, no jets needed. You tune while you ride!! simply using a screw driving or some tubing on the adjustment screws as you ride.

Back