Engine running hard won't accelerate keeps bogging

After all this is done, I will have other questions to help you along since you admit that you are not exactly too knowledgable about these little beasties...lol...I am especially talking about the two adjustments to the throttle cable system to take excess slack out of the mechanism.

You will also need to be sure of how you slide that black barrel that holds the needle valve back into the carburetor again...If you look at the pic below, that barrel slide is intended to go into the carburetor only one way so it slides freely up and down and not snagging.

The long, end to end slit on the side of the black barrel is designed to straddle over and slide over the little nub on the inside of the carburetor located on the right hand side of the carb, directly opposite of the idle adjustment screw.

It is a common mistake for most new builders to not notice this.

slide-assembly-jpg.195422

Almost forgot to mention...Throw out that damn "Chinesium" Chinese piece of crap spark plug that comes with that kit...They have caused a slew of problems as posted by other members here as well as myself...Replace it with an NGK brand plug...NGK-BR6HS and be sure it is gapped at .025 thousandths of an inch plug gap.

sg15SHU.png

Back