farewell forum

Summer in Paris, you lucky dog. Following the Tour are you?

The Euros are quite familiar with bicycles, MBs and motorcycles though, don't you think? I enjoy reading MB history, Velosolex originated in France and from what I've gathered from my reading, for example, the French Postal Service used them by the hundreds years back in mail route delivery.

In Paris when the locals notice my friction drive bike it's true they are not so shocked for seeing such a form of transport but nonetheless they are surprised at seeing the honda engine + friction drive setup being situated at the back of the bike. Tomorrow promises to be a clear sunny day @ 30C so i may try & take some photo's of the simple MB mode of transport at various famous landmarks around Paris and maybe post them on here if the Admin's allow? The idea is not about showing France's Capital Landmark's but actually how easy it is for getting around on such a neat peice of transport visiting the Sites.

The Tour de France was in the past a big event for myself but since the allegations over many year's of riders using enhancer drug's etc the so called Sport for myself lost it's quality thus i only watch it for seeing some of France's beautiful Towns, Villages and Regions.

Cheers & happy MB riding

Last edited:
Back