Felt Like A Good Time To Swap Engines

Here's my latest incarnation. Swapped the Subaru Robin EH035 engine for the 97cc Lifan 2.5 HP engine on the downhill MTB. It runs out strong & has more power everywhere. Too bad its over the cc & hp limit of State MB laws.
As long as I keep it under 30 & pedal along in high gear, I might fly under the radar.
Anybody know of a good looking readily available 49cc replacement sticker?
-Lowracer-

Attachments

• IMG00361-20110206-1614.jpg
    IMG00361-20110206-1614.jpg
    245.1 KB · Views: 987
  • IMG00362-20110206-1615.jpg
    IMG00362-20110206-1615.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 854
  • IMG00360-20110206-1614.jpg
    IMG00360-20110206-1614.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 731
  • IMG00363-20110206-1615.jpg
    IMG00363-20110206-1615.jpg
    241.5 KB · Views: 811
Russia, Poland, countries with Baltic edges? And my brother does genealogical stuff, he's been DNA'd and we have a significant amount of Baltic DNA. In fact, we're 3% Ashkenazim, which was a surprise to a family with so much Paddy and general Britsh in the recent background. One can only assume that somebody may have been the child of many sailors.

I don't know about Ludwig's brother, but my wife's probably
a distant cousin. What sort of clutch do you have on the
'Beast'?
And yeah, that's one buttugly airplane!

'The Beast' no longer has that engine or fwd layout (sold the engine to Deacon)
It did have a Max Torque v-belt pulley clutch that I sent back to Max-Torque to soup up for me.
They replace the bronze bushing with 2 sealed cartridge bearings & replaced the pulley drive with a nicer billet unit. They also replaced the shoes & springs with better ones & slightly stiffer springs (a bit higher engagement rpm)
I believe it cost an extra $90 for the revamp but Paul @ MAx-Torque could quote you.
It was alot better than the stock clutch, but still the achilles heel of my setup.
I've since changed the Lifan out for a Pocket bike engine & now its got a Tanaka w/ rear drive.
-Lowracer-

I can imagine you forgetting where you parked the bike and asking your wife if she'd seen it. "No, what colour is it today?"

My brother married a Rosenberg if that's any help. He's actually in Boston for a few days, it's a shame America's so big, it could be fun getting a picture of you two together.

You're more like him sideways on. Anyway, I'm hunting down a pair of probable Tanakas, on Little Wonder hedge trimmers. Know anything about them and if Chinese clutches will fit?

I think the little wonders are very small engines (21cc?)
The chinese clutches I bought on ebay were for 78mm clutches (larger size engines)
I dont think those would fit the little wonder engine.
I've been hunting for a Tanaka 47cc or even another 40cc for another project, but am having a very hard time finding these in the $200 range.
I bought a new 40cc for $194 on eBay not long ago but it was the sellers only one.
I check everyday.
I would love to get a Tanaka 65cc backpack blower engine if it came with a 78mm clutch?
That would blow away (no pun intended) most of whats on the market today @ a reasonable price & last for a long long time.
Love them Tanakas!
-Lowracer-

The small engines are perfect for my build, which will fit into the Low Power 1kw category. What few pics I can find seem to be the same size, but apearances are often deceptive.

I want to do chain drive, but if I have to, just to be on the road, I'll go friction. Not ideal in this soggy country, but it'll be out there.

Back