Finding Performance By Accident

WOAH! I just stepped out to take a before picture of my plug darn I should have done this BEFORE I rode today and believe me when I tell you that before my 20 mile ride this plug was as black and as wet as the threads you see here. Look at it now. It's not wet any more and in fact it looks to be cleaning itself!
I am truly SOLD on this wire core wire.
Sorry for the blur. My camera's kinda cheap. You can see the color difference,though.

Attachments

• 100_0205 copy.JPG
    100_0205 copy.JPG
    175.8 KB · Views: 796
You guy's! I really enjoy the stuff I lean here. Someone's mind is always cranking about something creative or power and performance related.
Great work,
Thanks

large fillipino is that an e3 spark plug , did that plug make the motor run any diffrent

Yup. It's the Diamond Fire E3. I was a little worried about the short size but it worked pretty good. I can't see any real difference though compared to the stock plug.I still have the original but I kept the E3 cause it seems you don't need to gap this puppy.
I really don't think the plug really matters much. I'm sure a lot of you guys have experienced a car they once had backfiring and causing trouble and when tuned up,what's the one thing that was swaped that really made a difference? I had a few cars that needed wires and when swapped it was like a different car.

I completely agree with Large about wires. On any car I have worked on, replacing the wires, cap, rotor, always made the most difference over replacing the sparkplugs. A good quality spark plug is always recommended; however, you have to have a good delivery of spark through the wires to allow the plug to reach it's potential.

I just ordered 3 feet of clear, red copper spark plug wire from thehotrodcompany.com, plus a boot kit. I will let everyone know how it turns out. Only cost $20, including shipping. Not bad. That should take care of about 3-4 bikes.

I'm gonna snag some of next time I'm at your house.;)

That's why I ordered some extra. It should make a difference. I hope they don't take too long getting it here. The website says they ship about every 7 days.

Hey guys... Noobish question here. Would replacing the cable wire like that help any on the performance on a 4 stroke engine? Or is this specific to the 2 strokes?

Back