Finished 2d build "ChromeStallion"

learned a lot from the "Red Peril" build .... the "Chrome Stallion" is much improved I think.
Pics highlight the bike plus special features like :

1. Black jacketed Harley handlebars
2. custom mounted speedo
3. modified clutch lever hold button that keeps lever fully depressed toward grip
4. chrome bulk up jacket on kickstand
5. chrome jacketed extension on muffler for looks and throaty sound
6. really silent engine chain with no needed idler wheel
7. peddle tension is maintained with the idler wheel from engine chain
8. modified coaster brake arm and counter sunk hex bolts on sprocket to allow an inch of clearance from engine chain and tire whitewalls. (If you use whitewalls, chain clearance to protect against rub PLUS grease splash is even more critical than using blackwalls. My opinion is at least a full 3/8ths away from sidewalls is necessary to stop both problems.)
9.Selected bike was especially picked for the springer front end looks and operation.
10. Easy on the butt 12x12 Back Trails saddle.
11. custom tank trim with Excaliber sword medallion (my thanks to Jim Bakker for this one !)

Other features are the 40 tooth sprocket which I think outperforms the 44 tooth and lets you avoid the 36 toother which I tried and removed due to lack of any real torque on this bike. The bag rail has thru bolts into the rear bobbed and lifted fender which greatly sturdies it up to almost motorcycle rigidity. The standard trick of rubber mounted thru bolts on the gas tank to eliminate the shoddy look of those straps was used on both builds. The bulked up chrome gascap is just one of those billet style oil cap covers sold in all auto parts stores. The shortened gas throttle cable to end the over curve and over length was done by clipping off the barrel insert at the throttle sleeve, feeding cut cable onto a (nerf? durp?) ...heh, whatever those barrel n screw ends are called , then dremeled to cut off the screw top and turn into a barrel insert for the sleeve slot.

Attachments

• PA160013.JPG
    PA160013.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 837
  • PA160014.JPG
    PA160014.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 614
  • PA160015.JPG
    PA160015.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 892
  • PA160016.JPG
    PA160016.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 461
  • PA160017.JPG
    PA160017.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 421
  • PA160018.JPG
    PA160018.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 445
  • PA160019.JPG
    PA160019.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 511
  • PA160020.JPG
    PA160020.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 443
  • PA160021.JPG
    PA160021.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 393
  • PA160022.JPG
    PA160022.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 435
Last edited by a moderator:
most folks tear the screen off...it's only barely a filter. it will not stop engine-damaging debris. an inline serves to keep the fuel clean and it's a great "sightglass" that allows for easy trouble-shooting should a problem arise.

:DIs the DAX filter sufficient? Seems substantial from the pic they have ... or did you buy an auto parts store brand ?
On second thought, maybe the fuel filter pic I saw was on the King's site. I'm thinking an auto store type is probably a little more substantial and a lot faster to obtain. Gotta do that tomorrow for sure, you both shook me into reality !

dax now includes an inline, because of MBc feedback, how cool. it's not the best available, but it's better than none at all. i'm not sure if any other kits have one.

here's my basic inline, found on the rack with the lawn-mower parts:

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 175
Gee Wiz,
You can find the small engine clear ones, like Augie's and mine, on ebay. I bought 5 of them for 7.59 including shipping. They contain the paper elements to extract the small micron stuff.
Doc

Thanks to all of you for the help, the pic was perfect Augi. Can't take any credit for the chrome Dave except I spent the time to make a careful choice of several factory chromed bikes until I found the springer front end I was looking for. Fuel line with paper is the ticket , and glad it's a quick 2 minute addition ,because I'm up to my neck in all the other work needed for these add ons.

Thank you Haggard and to all for the kind words.The complete upgrade will help stop any future 'throw it in the garbage tantrums' we all sometimes face when crazy and mysterious breakdowns or parts failures cause the typical discouragement we sometimes get with these these bikes n engines.

Step 2 Complete

Front signals are completed, I'm tempted to start thinking of this as my 3rd build with all the changes that were needed for tail/brake light, and front turns. I actually had to check the bulbs when I tested the front signals, I thought I had bought 6 volt units by mistake. man they are bright ... Moving on now to a halogen headlight install ... bike is now worth 4 times the engine cost ..... I :eek:hope I'm having fun ....

Attachments

• turnsigswitch 003.jpg
    turnsigswitch 003.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 170
WIZ' O' 'ZONE

I :eek: hope I'm having fun ....
Hahaha... I think I know what you mean (as I finish up my first build).

Very nice machine you've screwed together there, sir; very nice indeed.

A big thumbs up to you.

:)~

Back