Finished 2d build "ChromeStallion"

learned a lot from the "Red Peril" build .... the "Chrome Stallion" is much improved I think.
Pics highlight the bike plus special features like :

1. Black jacketed Harley handlebars
2. custom mounted speedo
3. modified clutch lever hold button that keeps lever fully depressed toward grip
4. chrome bulk up jacket on kickstand
5. chrome jacketed extension on muffler for looks and throaty sound
6. really silent engine chain with no needed idler wheel
7. peddle tension is maintained with the idler wheel from engine chain
8. modified coaster brake arm and counter sunk hex bolts on sprocket to allow an inch of clearance from engine chain and tire whitewalls. (If you use whitewalls, chain clearance to protect against rub PLUS grease splash is even more critical than using blackwalls. My opinion is at least a full 3/8ths away from sidewalls is necessary to stop both problems.)
9.Selected bike was especially picked for the springer front end looks and operation.
10. Easy on the butt 12x12 Back Trails saddle.
11. custom tank trim with Excaliber sword medallion (my thanks to Jim Bakker for this one !)

Other features are the 40 tooth sprocket which I think outperforms the 44 tooth and lets you avoid the 36 toother which I tried and removed due to lack of any real torque on this bike. The bag rail has thru bolts into the rear bobbed and lifted fender which greatly sturdies it up to almost motorcycle rigidity. The standard trick of rubber mounted thru bolts on the gas tank to eliminate the shoddy look of those straps was used on both builds. The bulked up chrome gascap is just one of those billet style oil cap covers sold in all auto parts stores. The shortened gas throttle cable to end the over curve and over length was done by clipping off the barrel insert at the throttle sleeve, feeding cut cable onto a (nerf? durp?) ...heh, whatever those barrel n screw ends are called , then dremeled to cut off the screw top and turn into a barrel insert for the sleeve slot.

Attachments

• PA160013.JPG
    PA160013.JPG
    128.6 KB · Views: 837
  • PA160014.JPG
    PA160014.JPG
    129.6 KB · Views: 614
  • PA160015.JPG
    PA160015.JPG
    122.3 KB · Views: 892
  • PA160016.JPG
    PA160016.JPG
    135.4 KB · Views: 461
  • PA160017.JPG
    PA160017.JPG
    126.9 KB · Views: 421
  • PA160018.JPG
    PA160018.JPG
    125.8 KB · Views: 445
  • PA160019.JPG
    PA160019.JPG
    137.2 KB · Views: 511
  • PA160020.JPG
    PA160020.JPG
    139 KB · Views: 443
  • PA160021.JPG
    PA160021.JPG
    142.5 KB · Views: 393
  • PA160022.JPG
    PA160022.JPG
    143.7 KB · Views: 435
Last edited by a moderator:
Headlight completed/pics

Ok, this lighting build is over !

Attachments

• turnsigswitch 001.jpg
    turnsigswitch 001.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 181
  • turnsigswitch 002.jpg
    turnsigswitch 002.jpg
    110.1 KB · Views: 175
  • turnsigswitch 003.jpg
    turnsigswitch 003.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 159
Sweet!

Very nice Wizard! Are the light on a white-wire charging system? Keep up the good work and keep her locked up for sure!:cool:

Man Wiz, the only thing that would make your bike cooler is for you to give it to me. Teh Hee!
Nice

Thanks,gentlemen

Noah, no, I didn't use the white wire ... too weak ... The headlight is a Bates sealed beam hi-lo connected to a regular motorcycle battery in the bag in back. I had intended to use a cygo waterbottle shaped battery but there was not enough room. The Bates is also rigged to run with both hi and lo on at the same time. The cycle battery is a sealed Gel type and powers the headlight for 2 hours at full white light with both hi and lo on at the same time, or about 3 1/2 hours on lo only. Any of those times is way over any possible night riding needs I have. The running and brake tail are extreme bright LED and take very little power, and of course the turn signals aren't in any great use to total up much draw.

The battery needs a full sized charger and takes about 5 hours to full charge from a good drain.

Attachments

• turnsigswitch 002.jpg
    turnsigswitch 002.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 164
Last edited by a moderator:
I cheated on this lighting build and took the bike to my house to work on,the ol bones are really feeling the 40 degree California mornings at the storage garage where I usually keep all my toys ....

Attachments

• turnsigswitch 001.jpg
    turnsigswitch 001.jpg
    129.1 KB · Views: 172
Gotta love that Bates headlamp :)

That's wot living rooms are for isn't it? - working on your bikes I mean :D

Yea,really ! ... I also discovered that for really delicate or intricate work like wire soldering,or when your adding delicate trim work and similar precision types of tasks, being inside with plenty of light is worlds easier than when your cold,or it's windy,or funny, even noisy enviorenments make my work a lot less accurate. I'm bringing the bike to the ol living room from now on for all the precision tasks in the future.

I wish I could get away with bringing the bike in the house. Back in the day the misses used to tolerate me a lot more, now she is crankie about the inside of the house. My oldest son was over at my best friends house and came home to me an said "Dad you would not believe it he has a Triumph gas tank on the night stand", what a difference a women makes. Have fun Dave.
PS: It looks like Sianelle would allow a bike in the house. LOL

Well my little lowrider flat tracker is parked right in the middle of my bedroom floor at the moment. Mind you I do put down a large plastic dropcloth first to save the carpet. Over Winter it was very wet and cold here and my garage workshop was a decidedly uncomfortable place to work so I overhauled and repaired quite a few of my old bicycles in the warmth and comfort of the house.

Back