First build Micargi Tahiti 2-Stroke [Complete]

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Androosky, Nov 29, 2015.

1. Androosky

Androosky New Member

Awesome bike.. was more fun building it then I had anticipated, 2 stroke 49cc Micargi Tahiti in dark blue. Full build was around 450$ not including the tools I needed for the build. Dual caliper brakes, high power led front rear and spokes, Aftermarket chain tensioner.. Overall VERY Happy with how it came out. Still plan on throwing on larger sprocket because of the hills we have around here, still struggles getting up. I've put about 200 miles on it so far and enjoying every ride on it!!

Also big thanks to everyone on this forum and other motorized bike forums, Without the the amazing guides and tips I may not have been able to pull this off.:tt1::tt1:

P_20151025_214126.jpg P_20151031_102417.jpg photo_1445656759912.jpg P_20151129_151743.jpg P_20151129_151753.jpg P_20151129_151810.jpg P_20151129_151819.jpg P_20151129_151850.jpg

Last edited: Nov 29, 2015

2. bikejock

bikejock Member

Nice bike. I'm thinking of doing a 2 stroke build sometime next year using a cruiser and a 66cc silver 2 stroke kit. Wouldn't use it as a daily commuter (that's what I'm using my 4 stroke for) but two strokes are fun & easy to tinker with and modify and they got great power for their size. The price for a 2 stroke is great too. I had a 2 stroke a few years ago and spent around $400 on the whole thing. it was about $200 for the bike and $180 for the kit.

3. mrbg

mrbg Member

The toggle switch above the cdi, is that your kill button?

4. Androosky

Androosky New Member

Yup!

Last edited: Dec 1, 2015
  5. AutOtaku

AutOtaku Member

Looks great! How did you hook up your kill toggle?

6. Androosky

Androosky New Member

Spliced the blue wire lead from the engine to cdi, soldered to the switch, shrink wrapped then covered it.

7. Androosky

Androosky New Member

Plan on adding an aftermarket muffler and carb if anyone has an recommendations.

8. mrbg

mrbg Member

mzpartsmiamimzpartsm...I don't know where you're located, but they've got a good selection mzmiami on eBay

9. AutOtaku

AutOtaku Member

Did you have to run a ground from the toggle?

10. Androosky

Androosky New Member

Nope, Worked without a ground.. will that cause issues? Mine currently just enables and disables the blue wire.

11. AutOtaku

AutOtaku Member

I'm not sure. I've got a kill switch that I want to install, but I don't know where to install it. Blue wire from CDI or Blue wire from engine?

12. Androosky

Androosky New Member

Yup! Just clip it and wire it to a simple toggle.

13. Elwoodwins77

Elwoodwins77 New Member

thats a great solution. I'm a fan of anything that frees up space on the bars.:pimp2:

14. AutOtaku

AutOtaku Member

But which wire? The engine wire or the CDI wire? Or does it matter?

15. Elwoodwins77

Elwoodwins77 New Member

shouldn't matter which you choose, you are simply installing a manual break in the circuit. the circuit doesn't care where you break it :D

16. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

The whole bike frame is ground, that is how your spark plug can fire with just one wire.

You don't really want to use a switch in-line with the blue hot wire from the magneto to disrupt current flow.
    When a switch or button goes bad it usually ends up open, thus cutting off your spark power.

You can keep the engine from firing by just putting the blue wire magneto output to ground (Blue directly to Black), and opening the switch short to allow it to fire.

I have been using a keylock switch in a hobby box epoxied to the top of the CDI for years.

Keylock11-2014.jpg

You can't 'hot wire' a switch from there.

Attached Files:

17. AutOtaku

AutOtaku Member

Thank you KC! The thread on how to wire one was fairly confusing as it didn't specify which wire to splice.

@Androosky.
    Sorry for derailing your thread

18. Androosky

Androosky New Member

Added new tires, rack and spedo.. going to be adding a mm 48t sprocket soon.

[​IMG]