Risky's Ride Revisited- New (original) engine install

Before I had a clue about motorbikes, I bought the gas tank frame from Badberry. I wanted to build my first 2 stroke and get it street legal and plated for Florida Laws. I also bought the Badberry "BBR Tuning" performance "80 / 100cc" engine kit for my soon to be legal bike. Then I read the Florida Statutes on Moped (gas motor bikes) and found out it needed to be 50cc or less. So I shelved the BBR engine and bought a silver streak 50cc motor kit and the rest is history for the Risk's Ride and its fully legal registered Florida Motorbike that reaches 35-40 mph with ease.

I was tired of kicking that BBR kit around my garage and have all three of my Whizzers running pretty well, so I parked them under the sheets for a few weeks to finally install this 2 year old engine in a box that is obviously out of date now performance wise....but none-the-less I now pursue the installation.

More details to come. Pictures: Risky as it is now and a shot of the new engine.

Attachments

• IMG_5032 (1).JPG
    IMG_5032 (1).JPG
    212 KB · Views: 1,840
  • IMG_5054.JPG
    IMG_5054.JPG
    143.5 KB · Views: 126
Yep I think a pic of both Risky & Damien bikes sitting together on the beach would make for a nice picture.

But you got THE engine my Friend! Mine is three year old technology. Thank you just the same
Actually, I built mine in May of 2020, 3 years, 4 months ago...lol...The only difference now is the Phantom 85 motor which replaced the Zeda 80 a year ago...Plus I took off the spoke decals but kept the rim decals...First pic is when it was first built with the Zeda 80, the second is as it is now with the P-85, also sans the spoke decals...lol.

Ps...The P-85 was first being sold three years ago as well so I would say it is also 3 year old technology...lol.

IMG_0348.jpg

DSCN0229.JPG

Actually, I built mine in May of 2020, 3 years, 4 months ago...lol...The only difference now is the Phantom 85 motor which replaced the Zeda 80 a year ago...Plus I took off the spoke decals but kept the rim decals...First pic is when it was first built with the Zeda 80, the second is as it is now with the P-85, also sans the spoke decals...lol.

Ps...The P-85 was first being sold three years ago as well so I would say it is also 3 year old technology...lol.

View attachment 199456

View attachment 199457
Very nice.... I am going to keep the red decals on the spokes for now... They inspired the red side covers!

I might try and spray some clear lacquer on them to keep them on there... not sure it will work....
Those rims are "powder coated" I think the term is called, I would be careful about doing that.

Powder coated surfaces are tough to cover over as conventional paints, etc. won’t adhere to the surface.

Those rims are "powder coated" I think the term is called, I would be careful about doing that.

Powder coated surfaces are tough to cover over as conventional paints, etc. won’t adhere to the surface.
I think thats one of the reason why those decal/stickers don't really stick on those rims going faster than normal pedal bicycle speeds...They also were super easy to peel them off with no residue left behind either...Those sticker/decals are made out of plastic by the way.

If they do peel on you, much better to just peel them off the rest of they way rather than ruin the looks and finish of those rims.

Probably also the reason why they clean off so fast and easy just by using a microfiber cloth.

Back