First Time Buyer/Builder

So, after kicking around some ideas. I have finally made a decision to build a Motorized bike. I first wanted the GT2-a frame with a 4 stroke motor but im trying to keep costs down and im a little impatient and want to get my feet wet and see if this is something i really want to do or not.

So right now i have a 2005 KHS DJ 100. Its a dirt jumper and i just measured the frame and it will fit a 2 stroke. I hope.

I am looking at this kit on ebay and i just want to know if anyone has bought this exact kit before and if its a decent starter kit.

Here is the link http://www.ebay.com/itm/80cc-Flying-Horse-Bicycle-Engine-Kit-Motorized-Bike-Gas-Black-2-Stroke-66cc-NEW-/181524005982?pt=Motorcycles_Parts_Accessories&hash=item2a43ac845e&vxp=mtr

I am skilled enough to build a bike and a motor I just havent put them together. Any help will do. I will post pictures of my progress as well.

Lastly, Is there another way to mount the motor on a bike with a larger downtube without the bracket?

Thanks

I am a little bummed about the disk brakes but I never used them. It rode very nice, I was worried about there being alot vibration, but there wasnt any at all.
That's because you securely mounted your engine to the frame ;-}

Back