Freewheel Transmission Sprocket

Nikoliki

Local time
8:03 AM
So the YouTube I'm posting is just for reference of where the idea came from, not an endorsement of such a crude man, viewer be warned.

However, is he correct? Would swapping out the transmission sprocket with a larger freewheel sprocket help with clutch burn out issues and help with preformance?

I'm sorry to say that after listening to this guy's constant swearing/cussing for 32 minutes on this video, it needs to be deleted.
We have not only kids as young as 13 yrs old, but also woman who are members here as well and they do not need to be inflicted with this gutter mouthed low life.

He also totally ruins anything that he could be saying because his true focus appears to be how many times he can cuss per sentence.

I'm a retired cop as well as a retired ASE master mechanic and the language was never this bad or frequent even in cop and mechanic environments.

For these reasons, this video is deleted...DAMIEN

"Vulgar language is nothing more than evidence of a feeble mind trying to express itself forcefully"

In theory it would help with clutch wear. It keeps the clutch basket feom continuing to spin fast as the clutch disengages keeping the pads from wearing as much. However I don't see this helping much with saving the bushings.

People who constantly use profanity are generally very narrow minded know it alls. Who you can't tell them anything. Even when they're right about something they sound ignorant.

A freewheel in the sprocket location certainly doesn't hurt but a drive sprocket isn't the main culprit causing clutch wear. What causes clutch wear is overloading it. For example going up a steep hill with too high of a gear ratio. If the clutch is partly engaged upon completely releasing the throttle it means the engine idle is set too high for the springs being used in the clutch.

Oh and that transmission he's using is garbage.

With the engine in the video the max torque is at 4500 rpm. The clutch should engage at 4000 rpm and the idle should be set around 2800 rpm.

What this means is if you're going up a steep hill and on a tachometer can't reach 4500 rpm at full throttle then you need to provide more pedal assist till you do reach it.

Lucky me I guess. The only grade I have to deal with is it going over the railroad, and I have no reason to go over there 🤣
Didn't your mom ever get exasperated enough with you and tell ya to go play in between the solid yellow lines on the highway or on the railroad ties???...lol...My mom said that all the time but I never took her up on it...lol...

I never did listen to her and look what happened, your still all stuck with me...lol.

Didn't your mom ever get exasperated enough with you and tell ya to go play in between the solid yellow lines on the highway or on the railroad ties???...lol...My mom said that all the time but I never took her up on it...lol...

I never did listen to her and look what happened, your still all stuck with me...lol.
Ive never heard either of those from my mom. I just don't go to that side of town because there's nothing over there except for drug dealers and low income housing. There aren't even any business over ther anymore.

Back