fuel tank mounted under rear rack, what rack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a look at that underslung tobtube tank when your post inspired me to go and look at the Spookytooth website. I've asked them the dimensions so hopefully that info will be on their website soon.. though they are out of stock atm.

Yea the more I think about it the more I think ill do the under top tube tank. I have a large frame MTB, 21" size i beleive and I may as well take advantage of all the space i have between motor and frame plus I like the better weight distribution towards the front. The only negative is the size of the inlet, not sure a gas pump nozzle will fit it so may be forced to carry a small funnel if you ever fuel at gas stations, I know I like to fuel at home where i can mix the fuel in a can but sometimes you have no choice..
Problem is like you said there all out of stock!

SacT I'm guessing you have an in frame engine. Why not buy a generic rear rack and mount one of the plastic tanks on top of it. Most mount with just 2 tabs and mounts are easy to fabricate.

If I were you I would buy the tank and take it from there. My local bike shop had a pile of used rear racks for me to pick through at $5 a peice with hardware. if all else fails you can use angle bar, a metal drill bit, and some nuts and bolts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back