Gas proof clear?

Local time
10:24 AM
Hello internet, this week I've been painting my bicycle, and wanted to know if anyone has found a gas proof clear coat that I can apply to the whole bike, the paint brand I used was Rust-Oleum

Thanks after doing a bit more research that's my thought as well
Just as another thought...I would think that maybe real automotive clear coat which can be bought through a car dealership might be gas resistant...You could also ask any autobody restoration facility as they would also probably know as well...just my 2 cents worth...DAMIEN

Damien's on the right track; you need a catalyzed urethane clearcoat, along with the appropriate reducer and hardener, and a spray gun. Wear a respirator, that sh*t is nasty and will F up your lungs.

Possibly, this catalyzed spray-bomb: https://www.eastwood.com/eastwood-s-2k-aerospraytm-high-gloss-matte-clear.html
I ended up going for the 2k clear, due to the fact that I used rattle cans on everything else, so using a spray gun over it might lift the paint.

I ended up going for the 2k clear, due to the fact that I used rattle cans on everything else, so using a spray gun over it might lift the paint.
That was probably about the best choice you could make right now considering the cost factor as well as already using the "rattle" cans already...lol...Just try to be careful and don't spill gas to begin with is all...lol...DAMIEN

That was probably about the best choice you could make right now considering the cost factor as well as already using the "rattle" cans already...lol...Just try to be careful and don't spill gas to begin with is all...lol...DAMIEN
Yeah, that's the plan but... I'm kinda an idiot ...lol

Back