Gasket questions!!

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by vermhot, Mar 7, 2012.

1. vermhot

vermhot Member

:grin5:
    Question 1 Can you use Indian Head gasket compound on the base gasket ???!
    2 Can the same stuff be used on the head gasket ???!!
    3 The head gasket ,when people say they blew it out ,what is bad on it ?? I mean it's aluminum can the thing be re-torque the head bolts down again ???! Or is it the base jug gasket that is blowing out ???!!! A good friend of mine owns a flojet and was going to ask him if he could make them and if they would be just as good as the China ones ......I mean what is it doing that everyone says they go bad !!! And would my idea be one to fix the problem ???!!!:idea: I

Would like all kinds of input if you think that I could just have them made !!!
    Need lots of input please and thank you !!!!

2. vermhot

vermhot Member

Ya I started making all of mine !Alot cheaper then the shipping!!!!

3. Al.Fisherman

Al.Fisherman Active Member

Hope these answers your questions.
    Ron

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  4. vermhot

vermhot Member

I ordered the head stud kit from SBP and just waiting for them !What would recommend to torque the rest of the bolts and screws on these motors !! I did get an allenhead and stud kit for it ! I do have a inch pound torque wrench .

5. vermhot

vermhot Member

Hey Al are you using the copper stuff for the head
    gasket also ??!!

6. Al.Fisherman

Yes, but in the past (60's) on ole Chevy blocks that has single steel gaskets I've used Aluminum paint. I was broke back then, today I use Permatex, been on the same can for 3+ years. That is the ONLY place I use it.

6mm 50 to 75 INCH POUNDS

Last edited: Mar 8, 2012
  7. vermhot

vermhot Member

That permatex worked great !! Now to make a new front motor mount and re

work the back one !!!!!! It"s starting to come together !!!:eek::rambo:

8. vermhot

vermhot Member

:rolleyes7:The weather was excellent here yesterday and I was wishing my bike was all together already .......but I don't want to rush it !!!!

9. Al.Fisherman

Smart :>)

10. vermhot

vermhot Member

Having problems getting the pics up !!!!

11. Al.Fisherman

If the picture is on your computer you may need to resize it. I use Photobucket and under the picture is a link that you can copy and post. No need to resize.

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

12. motorpsycho

motorpsycho Active Member

not to hi-jack this thread, but i have a question regarding the head gasket.
    Is it possible to remove the head gasket and use the copper gasket stuff in place of it?
    just trying to see if I can get a little more compression without "milling" the head surface.
    thanks.

13. Al.Fisherman

As long as BOTH surfaces are flat, it shouldn't be a problem, but this will entail the milling of both the head and cylinder.