Sprockets Gearing changing -varying chain sprocket size

markgrne

Local time
4:48 AM
Hi:

Had typical kit 2-stroke bike before, built off cheap MTB. Want to build lighter road bike up with motor to give light power assist. Want to pedal most of time, but have engine assist me to maintain 20-25mph over varied terrain. Kit has usual 44t rear sprocket. Can buy 32t sprockets on eBay. What will 12 tooth reduction give me? Please respond if you have built bike like one I'm envisioning.

Welcome to MBc, Mark. Now that you have introduced yourself, be sure to read all you can, including the 'Stickies'. They contain a lot of information. For example, Sticky #1 under ‘Introduce Yourself’ has 20 or so links to “How To…” threads, and important pages for you to follow. Sticky # 3 has info on forums, how you are expected to conduct yourself, and where you might find and use various features. But, read all of them, and be sure to use the search feature.

I'm sorry that I can't really help you much, but if you follow the above, especially the Search function, I'm certain someone will have an answer. Good Luck.

Back