GEBE custom drive gear

Thanks again everyone for the help and real world experience. I have ordered two gears from SDP(16 and 17)--thanks for the link DT, I would have never figured out the gear part coding. I will keep everyone posted on this project.

you'll likely do ok with the 15T, i found they where alright when i was on flat terrain, just didn't like hills and headwinds.

steve

steve, I got the 15 because the other bikes have 2.1x26 tires and the dominator does not like the lower gearing, it will have the same gearing as the goose with the 2.2x26. Funny how such a minor change makes a motor run different. I bought a bike trainer and re-tuned all my bikes, 1 1/2 on the high.

yeah, augi really encouraged me to give the 13T a try, i guess i should have. i was just afraid that since i needed to be so careful with the 14T it would be worse if it could rev REALLY fast.

so your saying with the Dom's on the 460s you found 1.5 turns out to be the ticket at sea level ?

which trainer did you get ? i really should get one too.

steve

The trainer is a Forza F-2 with magnet adjustment for resistance. Yea 1 1/2 on high needle should be perfect on a stock dom. yours might be a little different.

that trainer is pretty reasonable compared to others i had looked at.

1.5 seems right, i was at 1 -3/8 up here at 700 ft. ASL before i knocked the dents in my Dom and messsed everything up.

the Dom. reconfiguration isn't really very dif. from the stock layout.

picture this; the first segment ( with the flange ) is turned over, going up and to the right, the second segment ( 180* "U" piece) is removed and replace with a 90* sweep the same length as the "U", the third segment (expansion chamber) is then attached and because it has a 90* sweep designed into it brings chamber and silencer down BEHIND the engine more than just over the clutch. it also points the outlet down which should ad another degree of quietness.

there have been a couple VERY good pipes made for these engines by people that were part of the gopednation group. unfortunately they are no longer being built. this reconfiguration of the Dom. is very close to one that was considered to be the best of mid-high end designs.

i'm hoping to have the pipe back together by the end of the week.

steve

Back