Good lord what have I done ;) Fito Modena GT Build

Hey all my name is Matthew and I'm a motor-aholic. I think I screwed up big time today and decided in all my brilliance to build a motorized bike project. I'm not sure if I made a terrible decision or not but here is the bike I bought for my project. I'm a novice with mechanicals though I did use to work on bikes quite a bit in my mountain bike days and frankly I have a brown thumb when it comes to motors (just ask my non-running Vespa). So my project bike is the the Fito Modena GT Alloy 7 speed. I just liked the combination of features, front and rear disk brakes, build quality, custom fenders, forks, etc.. I would like to pair it with a black 2 stroke 66cc motor. I'm wondering what things I need to prepare for in doing this conversion. Is there a way I can spend a little more for the kit to dramatically increase reliability & useability? How does the shifting work with a motorized bike and how can I enable the engine to use the different gears? BTW I'm 6' 250# and will be using this bike in a somewhat hilly area. Any feedback you can provide or point me to is greatly appreciated. Also where do you recommend I pick up a black motor I know many of the places seem to be out of stock on the good stuff. Anyone know if this frame can be used to store fuel? Any modifications I'm going to need to make? Thanks again!!!

Here are the bike specs http://www.ebay.com/itm/130967664214?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

$T2eC16F,!)sE9swm(sR6BR-vrfr1PQ~~60_57.jpg

Hiya Guru,
There's a member here that is building that same bike,as we speek.His is the GT single speed,white .He's building his bike with a "in frame" fuel tank .I'ts turning out awesome..
Bzura < < is the members name.
*thinking where he posts..hmmm..just sec...

You can find it on (PROJECTS AND BUILDS) / (My toughest build yet)
Bzura is in Pennsilvainia.I'm planning on using one of those bikes for MY 2nd. build ..SWEEEET~~

Back