Gritty deposits

tombenn444

Local time
6:48 PM
As I was swapping gas tanks I noticed a compression leak in my cylinder so I took off the head and noticed this gritty residue. That's lead deposits right? Spark plug tells me maybe a little bit lean.
1000000520.jpg
1000000519.jpg

That's lead deposits right?
How in the world could it be lead deposits???...lol...Leaded gasoline hasn't been available to the motoring public in the USA for decades.

Plus the fact that lead wouldn't be gritty, it was “Tetraethyl lead” and was used in earlier model cars to help reduce engine knocking, boost octane ratings, and help with wear and tear on valve seats within the motor, lead in motors does not turn into grit.

How in the world could it be lead deposits???...lol...Leaded gasoline hasn't been available to the motoring public in the USA for decades.
The color of leaded fuel use to be pink/red. When unleaded came on the market I can still remember the clear yellow fuel. I had a hard time associating it with gasoline as a kid.
Then there finally was no choice. All unleaded.
I don’t even know why they still call fuel unleaded.

I would like to think you were NOT trying to fool around with aviation, high octane grade, gasoline or running those 50:1 premix cans of gasoline you find in the auto parts store...You will turn your motor into steaming heaping helping piles of :poop::poop::poop: ...China Girl motors are designed to run at 87 octane by and large...The Chinese use a different measurement of octane ratings than what we do in the USA so when you do the math, it actually comes to 86 octane when translated from the Chinese method of measuring octane.

I ran Evinrude XD50 outboard motor oil/castor mix in my first engine for a while. There would be would be heavy deposits like the above on the piston top, head dome, and even some on the piston skirts.

I switched to pure castor and it was worse.

I’d soak it in acetone a while and buff it off.

I run pure synthetic after breakin in the engines I have now.

Let's look at the cylinder walls, where is this wear & tear? High octane fuel wont hurt these engines unless they 4got to add oil.

Back