Gritty deposits

Or the wrong ratio mix.
Let me word this a lil different, yes high octane could possibly mess a engine up because of timing. A guy should retard the timing more for the higher he goes on the octane rating. So I'll stick my boot in my mouth.🤣😂🤣

Unless the fuel is highly oxygenated, like race or aviation gas, high octane won't harm an engine. In rare cases that require unusually rapid combustion, power might be reduced but it won't harm anything. Also, retarding timing is what one might do to make low octane work without pinging but is counterproductive with high octane fuels.

At least that's my understanding of how that works

I usually run about mid grade and I'm not going to lie I just eyeball my mix I've been doing it for a while and the spark plug seems to like it. I cleaned it up and rubbed a stone and some fine grit paper over it to give the level back traded it out with a longer plug I don't know if it's still leaks I'm delivering a bicycle to a customer right now so I didn't have time to check but it's a noticeable Improvement

I usually run about mid grade and I'm not going to lie I just eyeball my mix I've been doing it for a while and the spark plug seems to like it. I cleaned it up and rubbed a stone and some fine grit paper over it to give the level back traded it out with a longer plug I don't know if it's still leaks I'm delivering a bicycle to a customer right now so I didn't have time to check but it's a noticeable Improvement
Good you have it sorted out. I have to say that it is very important to mix your oil/fuel accurately. These motors are so finicky at the best of times any consistency you can bring will make the thing work so much better.
My fav is a 2 litre pop bottle 60 ml oil is about 33 to 1. These motors are so easy on fuel a 2 litre bottle lasts me a couple weeks.

Good you have it sorted out. I have to say that it is very important to mix your oil/fuel accurately. These motors are so finicky at the best of times any consistency you can bring will make the thing work so much better.
My fav is a 2 litre pop bottle 60 ml oil is about 33 to 1. These motors are so easy on fuel a 2 litre bottle lasts me a couple weeks.
These don't take much fuel.these are all reasons I want to add a large fuel capacity to my next bike. I want it to last on a tank all season if possible. I could probably ride for a very long time on a 3 gal tank since I only putt around town.

Back