grubbee skyhawlk 80 cc 2 stroke with built in gas tank

mini-IMG_0462.JPGmini-IMG_0351.JPGmini-IMG_0452.JPGmini-IMG_0483.JPGmini-IMG_0485.JPGmini-IMG_0368.JPGmini-IMG_0361.JPG

i guess it was either welded on the frame or they built the frame around the tank,u can see the gas cap on the top of the frame. the whole top part of the frame is hollow and thats where the gas is stored.i bought the frame just like that from kingsmotorbikes.com it was a package deal for the frame and the motor together for about 320$.mini-IMG_0501.JPGmini-IMG_0500.JPGmini-IMG_0499.JPG

Oh i see you bought the bike from the seller of the motor kits and they offer the frame also.I really hate the bolt on tanks that come with the kit i bought they tend to leak gas, stud breaks off and tank actually flipped over while i was riding plus the fact when you make a stop your balls smash into the tank lol ouch.So i removed my tank and placed a plastic tank on a carrier no its good.

Sweet built!
I like the GT2 frame and it looks like you chose good bike parts for it, now just get a bag of black zip-ties and your cutters and clean up the 'spilled spaghetti' cable look and you have a showpiece ;-}
Nice photo work as well, few take the time to compose a photo properly and that was cool.

yeah i dont like those gas tanks either. on my last bike i had i also used a small plastic tank from a leaf blower, it worked perfect and held enough gas to last me a whole day so it was alway empty when i went home,i live in nyc so i cant lock my bike outside.ull be surprised how fast they steal things over here

yeah after buying the frame and motor i spent 900$ on parts,everything is brand new except the handle bars.i did not expect to spend that much but i literally had to buy everything from the fork all the way to the ball bearings inside the fork,im going to redo the cables but im thinking about painting the frame first .i also want to change the throttle and clutch. i already changed the chain it came with , with a bmx half link.it runs way better . the stock chain snapped 3 times in less than an hour it had to go.

At first i thought it was painted gold but in other pics i see the frame is just bare metal with a grinded finish if it dont rust i would keep it that way cause paint scratches so easy unless you get it powder coated or chromed would be cool to.

i cant tell if it was painted or thats just the material but its already getting scratches in places where scratches are impossible.i dont know what kinda of paint this is but a light tap with my fingernail is enough to scratch it.maybe they sold this frame expecting people to paint it.i would like to leave it how it is too but its scratching up out of nowhere.around here alot of high end cars have this nice black matte finish
bentley-continental-gt-in-matte-black-rides-on-pur-wheels-photo-gallery_1.jpg
i would like to paint the bike like this bentley. i think it would look sick while also looking stealth

Back