Grubee super rat!

yes, im having some trouble with it. its started and ran about 6 times now each for just a couple mins of riding. but its really inconsistent... i am thinking that there isn't enough air in the fuel mixture as it boggs down and then won't restart. kinda frustrating. but on the plus side for my first build and it starting at all I'm pretty stoked.

hi Ixlr8 hope your having a good day thanks to you its a good start for me seeing stirp dowm of the super rat thanks:bowdown:
good job with the pics i had turble with them at first to :giggle:

Last edited:
Good news. The carby is working now. Actually better than expected. Just breaking her in now. Very pleased with how responsive the throttle on it is. Can't wait till after the break in to really see what she can do... just on the couple of quick rides I've done, I've had it up to about 15mph and feels like there is a whole lot left. Call me crazy but definitely more juice than I thought I would get right out of the box.

Did you do anything to make the carb start working?..I have not had the pleasure, or is that displeasure of working on one of the cns carbs. When I was with Husky they used bing carbs. And if you can tune a bing and then make it consistent you had to really know your stuff. So I figure it should present no problem for me when it comes to tuning.We will see. Just to add, husky finally went to all mikunis

Just adjusted the position on the manifold and tighted up the choke cable. Havent
done any adjustment to the screws just yet. Gonna get through the break in and then start tuning the idle and the air to fuel ratio. Running the 20:1 mixture is gonna make it boggy so I figure wait till I get to the leaner mix before screwing with them...

Turns out to be used motor!!!

really to upset right now to post fully, but wanted everyone to know that I was sold a used and defective motor from GASBIKE!...now they tell me they do not have a warrenty nor are they equipped to exchange, repair or replace defective motors, I informed the tech that their terms and conditions says otherwise..HE SAID BULL **** AND HUNG UP ON ME!!!...I absolutely cant believe this!

wanted to add, had I not elected to disassemble this engine for the group. Then I probably would of never known about it being used...till it exploded. It is not only unethical for gasbike to do this but also has the potential to be very dangerous...this engine is very , very obviously used, and damaged..heck the crank is so bad that it was easy to see it was bent, no mic needed. And when I say bent I mean runout of over 4mm! I will take and post all pics proving this as soon as possible.

Its a horrible helpless feeling when a vender so obviously rips you off and then tells you to get lost...I'm sorry I just have to vent. As stated above I will post pics of my findings, hope somebody will find it helpful.

**** man, sorry to hear it! that is really crappy of a vendor to send you an used/defective item, and then not assist you in anyway to make it right... I have nothing but good things to say about the folks over at Bikeberry! the shipping was a little slow, but whenever I called I got straight answers and were very friendly about it! the only complaint I have is that the universal u bolt engine mount doesn't fit the GT5 SR that i ordered from them, but the wider bolt placement of the GT5 SR actually fit (barely) the frame of my bike. so I'm out a couple bucks but in the scheme of things I'm not worried about it.

oh anyone out there who is thinking about ordering a manic mechanic ported manifold... don't! it won't fit the GT5 SR... the stud placement for the Super Rat is wider than the hole placement on the Manifold... pretty bummed cause i can't get a response from Pirate Cycles to save my life. 4 weeks... 4 emails, 5 calls, voice mail box full, and 0 replies... for such a highly praised company I am kinda bummed that i can't get any response...

Back