gt5 new jug and piston

everythings different! one affects the other in a continous chain! change the piston height and you have to change the crank to cylinder height if you want to use the same cylinders.

so far the pistons different, and the main crank bearings are different. this means the crank and the cases are different. so how sure are you that the cylinders are exactly the same, regards port heights etc?

sorry, not jabbing, just it has raised an issue, if you get what i mean. theres more than one part on these that isnt interchangeable. and you could make a beast with the right selection, and a sack of gremlins with the wrong... :D

update on the saga.....
gasbike sent me a diffent piston..............

and guess what...nope it don't fit either without the rings on it fits in the cylinder but with the rings it does not.
the ring lands.... spaces in the piston that the rings fit in are not deep enough.
So when you try and put the piston up in the cylinder it will not fit. And busts the rings sending a small piece of the ring opposite of where the ring keeper studs are shooting into your arm.

best solution i think will be dump the Gt5 in the garbage can and order a Staton chain drive kit

its an ongoing saga isnt it? i hear you, i hear you!

persevere!

sure its the ring lands and not that the rings themselves are too big? ie, try the rings in the cylinder without the piston. push em in with it though so they sit in the bore square.

there should be a gap at the ends. usually about 5-10 thou or so... meant to check that first. *raps knuckles with 10mm spanner*

tis why i feel its easier to buy a new engine than rebuild them. eventually you get enough parts though!

i got a new engine that looks slightly different to the norm. i might open it up now and take a peek :)

headmess

daily rider will be getting a staton kit
but i do have a occ chopper that i think will be getting the gt5 motor

i ride about 60km to work round trip and my personal feelings thats to far for a ht to be doing 5 times a week

add to that a weight of a bike trailer and 50kg or there about of dogfood and human food

You could just add another washer or two to the spark plug. :unsure:

read my posts carefully... one first replacement piston it hit the head not spark plug. The wristpin was .120 of a inch lower in the piston body
that being so raised the stroke .120 of an inch
.125= 1/8 of an inch

Back