"Heavy Duty" 26x2.125 wheel set- quality?

Hough, did you make a mistake when you wrote "105" spokes? There are only 36 per wheel.
Doc

Ahh Ahh, I was just testing ya man and Ahh You passed, I think!
Just kidding.

i got those heavy duty 26 inch wheels for my bike from custommotoredbicycles.com I ended up wanting to return a front wheel i had bought from her but hadn't even taken out of the box for a rear wheel to put on the front so i could put disc brakes on the front. I didn't know you had to have a rear wheel on the front to attach disc brakes there. noob mistake. I emailed her about it and she never responded. slore.

What does "slore" mean? Try calling her on the phone.

I am not sure about the disc brake conversion, but I saw that on her site, that the rear freewheel hub could be used for a disc brake. I suppose you need some kind of lockring, probably something that comes with the kit for the disc brake adapter. That is an interesting way to attach the brake. Most bikes I've seen with disc brakes used a hub with a protrusion and 6 bolt holes.

Yes, coaster hubs are narrow, but can easily be spaced out with extra nuts for a wider frame

hmm.. would that work to move the coaster brake out just a tad more than it is?

and fwiw, I have the husky wheels (worst packaging and customer service ever) used the wheels on one ride and broke the back axle. I did hit something hard but I've man handled bikes for decades and never broke an axle before.

I also have the cheapy 12g wheels and haven't had a problem yet though I do expect they'll need a truing after a while.

If you are trying to move the torque arm away from the hub or big cog, the only things you can do are:
1, remove the arm and bend it in a vise
2. use an adapter with the same d-shape interface, about $10 if you can find them in stock through mb parts dealers
3. make your own torque arm

Back