Hello Community

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Abeagle, Nov 19, 2007.

1. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

I am abeagle and just stopping in to say Hi.
    I worked as an auto tech for 20 yrs and now I work with computers.
    I joined this forum after reading the threads for the last 2 days, I found this site after researching engine driven bicycles. I have restored old motorcycles and some old tractors. I am very adapt at using tools and shop equipment.
    I am hoping to add a 70cc frame mount to my old Gary Fisher.
    It is a project I am looking forward too. Anyways keep it fun.

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

welcome to MBc ! :D
  3. noah

noah Guest

Sup? Welcome!!!! M or F?:cool:
  4. OldPete

OldPete Guest

Kewl! Welcome to this forum.
    I'm an old diesel mechanic thay has restored several old British sports cars and motorbikes.

Best of luck with the Gary Fisher.
  5. Scottm

Scottm Guest

welcome to MBc. Sounds like you have a great deal to teach us (or me at least). Glad you are here.
  6. beast775

beast775 Guest

welcome to mbc:cool:
  7. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Welcome to MBc.
  8. drimpact

drimpact Member

9. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Awesomew! Welcome to the group!!!
  10. Sianelle

Sianelle Guest

Welcome to the forum, - it certainly is a fascinating place to visit.
  11. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welcome to the MBc tribe from the Giant(Dry) Side of Texas!
  12. senseibruce

senseibruce Guest

Hello and welcome!
  13. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

Thank you for the warm Welcome

I would just like to say thank you for all the warm welcomes.
    I have spent the last week reading threads and gathering some very useful data.
    I have decided to not build on the old Gary Fisher, but instead bought a new Schwinn Skyliner to start my build with. Since it's been a few yrs since I pedaled to communite, I am taking some time to get comfortable on the road again before adding the engine. I have been busy tuning the new bike , from brakes, seat postion, bar postion, adding good lights, and a rear rack to carry my lunch. :)

Attached Files:

14. mickey

mickey Guest

I like my Skyliner. You'll find that you must fabricate a front mount of some kind for a Happy Time motor. I've tried a couple of different ways with varying success. I hope that you will continue to post your ideas and progress.
  15. Welcome to MBC
  16. Abeagle

Abeagle Guest

17. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Those Skyliners do make pretty rides. I'm assuming that you decided on the Skyliner after reading the threads about some of them. If so, Good on ya, you'll probably find that the build will go smoothly. A lot of people get pretty frustrated when they find that the engine that "looked good" to them will not easily fit the bike they want to put it on. And if the build is frustrating, the maintenance required by the Chinese Happy Time engines can be the straw that broke the camels back.