Hello from Southern Maine :)

SlugMan

Local time
12:08 AM
Hello to all,
I've been a stalker on MB.com for awhile, but never bothered to register. The reason being is, I could usually find the answers to my many questions posted by someone else. This site is very informative and great for ideas.
I built a bike last summer out of a Gumbee 66cc kit I aquired from a trade. Then I bought an OLD beach cruiser for $10 dollars and rebuilt it. I'm in the process of ordering parts to make the bike kinda look like an old Board Track bike. I just love that style.
I would like to make my bike more reliable. I snapped the rear axle last weekend. I did order another one made of a higher quality, 1530 CromMoly, heat treated. That should hold my 200 lbs butt :)
I have a question but don't think this is the correct area to post it, it's about my rear wheel, it keeps moving after awhile and the chain comes off. I did order some Axle tugs to keep the axle under tension from behind.
I'm looking forward to using this site. Thanks for shareing!

Peace,
SlugMan

Welcome to MBc, Slugger. This topic of the rear wheel creeping up the dropdown slots has come up before. Use our search functions using various key words and I'm sure you will find it.

My solution has been to get a pair of plumber's bolts to go in the dropout in front of the axle. [You know, the flange bolts used to hold a toilet down...if you don't know, any hardware store guy will help you out.] They are brass (won't rust), Super-flat head that goes on the wheel side of the dropdown (won't interfere with anything), and are easy to cut off (with just a hacksaw.) Several riders wrote me saying it solved their problem quite well.

This is only my fast-fix, altho it has been known to last for years. But, do check out our search function for other solutions. And, while you'er here Please read all you can, including the 'Stickies'...for sure you will learn something about how our Forums work and what the rules are. Good luck to you, and let me know how everything turns out.

Last edited:
Back