Helmet Type ?

I believe what detonator was getting at is the riders who don't wear helmets because "it's just a bike we're riding..."

Yeah ! I'm sure that's what he meant. I just wanted to expreee my opinion about wearing a helmet. Heck, I wear a hard hat while doing some things at home when I'm standing still. I don't like tripping and hitting the ground at walking speed, let alone at 25-30 mph ! And as someone else said, there are two kinds of motorcycle/bicycle riders, those that have fallen, and those that will ! Gotta go ! I hear a motor bike downstairs call me ! gotta go ride before it gets dark. And hope I don't find out how good my new helmet works !

Wal-mart... Even here in expensive Canuckistan they sell the DOT half helmet (biker style minus the German spike) for $40 (about USD $30) and a full motorbike helmet & visor for $60 or so and I think the full face with chin guard is $80. Blue-tooth wireless music support is the $100 model, all at the local Wallymart.

They will be a little hotter and heavier than the typical (20 cent?) styrofoam and .010" plastic bike helmet selling for $10-20. 1 crack in the plastic and it should be replaced (don't drop it...)

Motorized bike riders must wear a DOT helmet here in the Great White North, for the 5-6 months we can use them...

Piked up my dot helmet online for $50, there's tons of sites that sell some decent dot helmets for cheap. They really don't cost much more then a bicycle helmet and look way better in my opinion. Walmart has some, but if you want a variety check online.

I decided with my bicycle now doing speeds more like a motorcycle i upgraded to a DOT approved helmet, from JPHelmet

Back