Engine Trouble hey guys firerider here,have a star fire gen11 58cc still wont start

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by firerider, Sep 22, 2012.

1. firerider

firerider New Member

hi guys back 4 more help,origial problem bike don't start.

thank u jaguar 4 ur input,I have a star fire gen 11 58cc from king motor bikes.bike set in rain one day brought bike inside was hard starting next morning. rode bike about 2 miles and it shut off would not restart.after reading different post i discovered a bad magneto so i replaced magneto-cdi and spark plug. Had sweak spark after futher investigating i founded blown head gasket. replace gasket-cdi-magneto and plug. bike ran for 5 min . I stopped the bike because idle was to high,went to restart bike again no spark ,check magneto and cdi found bad again. Used flute mutimeter 2 check components as out lined in the trouble shooting section, dont know what to do from here other then buying new motor can someone please give advice.

2. firerider

firerider New Member

:bowdown::bowdown:Question is can a blown head gasket knock out the mag and cdi have replaced 2 cdi's and 2 magnetos found gasket burned and cracked blowing out air.
    ready to buy another engine don't know what to do.

can anyone help please?
  3. professor

professor Active Member

I see no connection between gasket and cdi.
    Talk here was that acorn nuts do not allow the head to be torqued properly- replace with regular nuts if yours has them.
  4. firerider

firerider New Member

thank 4 the input professor,am just spell bounded after replacing 2 cdi 's and 2 magnetos to find i have a blow head gasket. Really at this point don't know if i should buy the parts again / with new plug or buy another.