hi any advice on bumblebee bolt on kit? thinking of buying one? reviews, tips,comment

Discussion in 'Dealer Reviews' started by joshua97, Feb 3, 2013.

1. joshua97

joshua97 Member

hi I'm seriously thinking of buying a bumble bee bolt on. i have a china girl mid frame kit at the moment and it does 46 kph its a xbox 66cc. I'm always having the usual problems with these engines. does any one here own or have had a bumblebee kit? how fast are thy? are they reliable. is hill climbing any good (to an extent :) ) i at least have to go 40 kph? and does the roller slip at all act. any comments or pros/coms are appreciated thanks :)

2. Ludwig II

Ludwig II Member

I don't know about speed/reliability, but being in Britain, friction drivers are near useless with the unpredictability of our weather.

You're in Perth, Western Australia(?), I gather it's dry enough there for you. Somebody else will tell you about the relative go and reliability of a BB, although Fabian may not be entirely complimentary, given his past arguments with Bch Cruiser on this.

3. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

If it was me, i would be very, very cautious about purchasing a Bumblebee Bolton kit,,, make that extremely cautious !!!

4. joshua97

joshua97 Member

thsnks, but why would that be?

5. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

It's one of those times that you'll have to do your own research on the subject.

6. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

Insomnia kicking my butt here so I'll chime in, you get what you pay for.If you look at the kit it looks as if the metal itself is thin gauge.The pressure is maintained by a bungee cord, that is not what I'd call good and possibly not safe.A chinese 25cc motor that may pull you on a flat to 25 mph with a tailwind.
    Look at all the FD kits out there chinese or not, they all basically look the same, now look at the BB, and I hope you'll see the lack in strength of build.To top it off the engagement lever, bent or not, seems like something I would not want to have near my goods in a wreck.
    I've seen homebuilds that have better structural integrity.

Dankoozy likes this.
  7. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

:iagree:

8. joshua97

joshua97 Member

ah i suddenly realise my initial thoughts were right haha, any othe kits available and recomended? pref a friction drive? thanks

9. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I am sure that there are other members who can come forward with good advise on quality friction drive kits.

I am not experienced enough with these drive systems to give any well researched opinion, other than that forum members have made positive comment (in other threads) on well designed kits from selected manufacturers.

10. Ludwig II

Ludwig II Member

What's the rainfall like in WA? Will you be likely to ride in the wet? Friction drive is great until water gets between the roller and the wheel. Then it isn't.

11. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

OP look at a GEBE kit.

12. EasyGo

EasyGo Banned

I ride a bee out here in south carolina. Im on my second kit. My 1st lasted about 5,000miles and i didn't add enough oil and i burned up the engine. I recently purchased the cable lift kit and it has 527miles on. It goes 28mph and it will go up some hills but on the steeps hills it is a good assist. I personally like the setup it has been good to me. Im going to purchase the lowrider tire for my bike and i think it work really good with it. The drive wheel doesn't really slip at all you just adjust the tension if it does. For the price its hard to beat. I dont think anyone else on here rides a bee. There doesn't really seem to alot of knowledge on here about the bumblebee kits. From i have researched.

13. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

There is plenty of knowledge about BumbleBee kits and non of it comes back with good reviews, except for the spammer reviews.

14. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

There is a thread floating around in cyberspace where one of the spammers freely admits to being a spammer and polluting the motorized bicycling websites with spammer reviews for BumbleBee under many different forum names.

15. Thxcuz

Thxcuz New Member

Bumble bee

I have one and I love it. Is it super fast? No is it safe? Safer than a Chinese 66cc thingy. It's not for everyone, but it suits me fine. 25mph on the flats are ok by me. I live in the city and its great for communiting. Never let me down.

16. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

You sound awfully similar to a spammer we had on here not too long ago.

17. EasyGo

EasyGo Banned

What drive wheel did you go with. I used to use the delrin but i switched to the eurothane drive wheel i was much more pleased with it.

18. Thxcuz

Thxcuz New Member

Derlin right now but I have the new one coming in a few days. I heard good things about them

19. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Why does this sound like a spammer to spammer conversation.

20. Thxcuz

Thxcuz New Member

Dude, I'm not a spammer. I'm a real owner of the bee. I like it. It may not be for everyone, It looks a little awkward and it's not too fast but that does not mean its junk.
    I don't know about the other guy but I have no association with the company.