Hi from Michigan

I think i'm in the middle of most of you- Farmigton. I'm just getting into this and have been researching kits and bikes to make a purchase next week.

Motoraddict- PM if you are still trying to sell your 1st build!! Perhaps we can works something out.

Building it is part of the fun in my opinion, plus you get to know the bike more intimatley. Then again it saves you the hassle of trying to find the right bike.

I've thought about selling my first build a 55cc as well but I like the idea of having two. To my wife though it's a money issue.

We should get a michigan ride b4 summer ends. I broke my collar bone and will be outta commision for abut 5 more weeks at most.

As far as good kits for a good price, I'm not sure what your looking for but I have bought 2 kits and my buddy bought one from Luckyearlybird on ebay. They were flawless transactions, and she communicates very well. There may be better out there as I've only had my first kit for about a 2 months so I'm still new to it all too

Last edited:
Dizzy-
I agree that the build would be fun but I figure that there will be plenty of time for tinkering. I am hands on and would take it all apart anyway to familiarize.

My real problem is finding a suitable bike. I have been on Craigslist non stop and have just (I mean 3 minutes late) missed out on some really good ones. I have also found others that were price too high for what they were. Today I called about two bikes from separate sellers that were....uhmm... most likely stolen. Young kids that had multiple bikes each for sale at the same time with good prices that needed to sell them "immediately today". To top it off they wanted to meet on street corners! I just don't care to deal with that.

I tried out the Schwinn Jaguar in the store and really wanted to like it because of all of the use here. Unfortunately it just doesn't feel right. The bars are the main thing and while I know you can cut them, it was too cramped. I have decided on a Mt Bike for the durability and riding style.

I don't what a top of the line- have one already. Don't want a garbage throw away- had those when I was younger. So I'm looking entry/mid level Diamondback with thoughts that the steel frame would be strong enough without a ridiculous price tag.

So I have a dilemma. This all started with an inexpensive project to tinker with while I am unemployed. The $100 kit that I wanted has now turned into a $300+ shopping list. I figure if he is local and looking to part with one at a fair price then we could work out something. I suspect I could save some cash to put toward the inevitable SBP shift kit.

Oh yeah.....time to send in another mortgage payment!!!

Back