High mileage?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Torques, Jun 5, 2007.

1. Torques

Torques Guest

Here is a little update for those of you interested in gas mileage. This bike's birthday is May 3, 2007. She has 1107 miles as of tonight. My mileage today was 207 mpg after a 26 mile ride. In the last week, the mileage has slowly changed from the 190's to in the 200's now with some tweaking and I believe with slight engine break-in.
    [​IMG]

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Awesome numbers!

Thanks for the update.

3. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

That bike is awesome!! :D

4. OldPete

OldPete Guest

Excellent mpg. Very poor engine location. :razz:

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Can't be that poor of a location with 1100 miles on it.

6. azbill

azbill Active Member

good point :lol: :lol: :lol:

7. Torques

Torques Guest

The engine location is one of the exciting parts of the ride. You can't lay it over too much in a right turn. That fact keeps me very alert. I did install homemade skid plates (2) underneath.

8. OldPete

OldPete Guest

Give it time.
    That gas tank is a target for sure, skid plate or not.
    The bike does have nice lines w/o the engine top side but now I know why you were asking about air filter prep over at Staton forums.
    That engine, according to David Staton is good for 12K~15k miles, with a clutch change at about 8k.

The first 8" off the ground is dirt ladden. Even the comps here are 20" off the floor and they stay very clean.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Pete, I guess for you the tank is half empty. 1100 miles in a month? I have 1100 miles between two bikes in two months and I thought I was doing good. I haven't knocked anything off yet either.......

10. OldPete

OldPete Guest

No not half empty. The beauty of form should always be in function. This layed back bike, as pretty as it really is, has function following form. I wish no harm to bike or owner. I would never do this type of install myself but then I think 96 spoked radial laced wheels are a sad joke.

Look at the protective plastic bit Buell uses to protect the belt drive from eating small stones. These can raise havoc with belts and plastic pullies. At times stones can get lodge in the pully and damage the belt long term as it goes round and round. By laying the engine down, the belt has been placed in harm's way also.

[​IMG]

There are more examples of belt protection but this is all I found on a quick search.

11. Torques

Torques Guest

Seeing as this post somehow turned into a critique of my design. There IS a rock deflector underneath in front of the rear wheel and it works just fine. This bike is fun and fun, plain and simple. :shock:

12. azbill

azbill Active Member

I wouldn't sweat it torques... even though I don't like the look of rack-mounts, I can appreciate the originality of your work 8)
    It's never easy to change a design to what YOU want :shock:
    We here are all tinkerers and think 'outside the box' or we wouldn't be riding these ear-to-ear smile makers :lol:
    All that matters, is that it works for you and you enjoy it :D

13. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

torques....I agree with azk.....your design is so euro, with pure usa style!!

14. Torques

Torques Guest

Affirmative. :shock:

15. Bill Snow

Bill Snow Guest

I think you may have mentioned it elsewhere but don't remember. Golden Eagle sells different engines,which one do you have?

16. quay1962

quay1962 Guest

HI

hi i am not going to critique your bike, cuz it's cool...the engine position however, makes it look like a motoredbomb if ya hit a bump hard enough. The leaning is all good until one day you have to dodge a critter in the road! :smile: :evil:

17. Torques

Torques Guest

It is the EHO35.

18. Torques

Torques Guest

Re: HI

I don't want to run over a rattlesnake but I will if it can't be avoided. :shock:

19. Torques

Torques Guest

Here is an update for gas milage in the last 5 days: 236, 213, 330 (at night calm wind), 219, 234.

20. Bill Snow

Bill Snow Guest

Interesting to hear about the gas mileage. I bought one of
    the Golden Eagle 25cc 2 cycle kits about 5 years ago. I have never checked the mileage but it seems to run forever on a quarte of gas ( I have a 1 quart remote tank). I was told at the time it should get somewhere between 250-300 mpg. One thing for sure, reliability is right up on top. I also do not keep track of the miles I put on the bike but over the years I have used this motorbike more than any of the other bikes I own and it has never missed a beat. I have not even changed the spark plug. Just fuel, a quality 2 cycle oil and off I go.

Will be watching for any further information you care to pass along. Like to hear how well the bike and that 4 cycle 35cc continues to performs.