Engine Trouble High rev problem

Proper forums

So now I'm a square? BRO, I was smokin pot before you were born. I can't think of a illegal drug that I didn't do at one time or another. But that is my past. I'm 56 years old. Do you really think I don't know about the cops, and what a bad one can do to ya if he's having a bad day and just wants to mess with you? But here we are, talking about cops and pot in the GARAGE. All I said is that this is the 2-stroke engine forum. Right in the heading, at the top of the page you are on now, part of the heading says "detailed & SPECIFIC tech talk. Cops and pot have nothing to do with my 2-cycle engine.
Of course you have the right to post anything you want on any forum you want. Untill a moderator says different, you can fill up the Garage with cops, pot, save the whales or any other thing you feel strongly about. I was just looking for some help with my engine.
So anyway, now that I know what the links are, I simply wont click on them again. I REALLY don't want to get into a p!$$!ng match, But SQUARE? c'mon bro, You really should get to know somebody before you start calling them names. I would NEVER disrespect a person like that, and in a public forum too, really?
I hope this is the end of this discussion. I haven't disrespected you or called you any names. All I was looking for was a little help with my engine.
Big Red.

Anyway Folk's, Back to 2-cycle talk.
I've got the engine reving out while sitting, and it seems to have good torque getting off the line. It still bogs out with a load on it at about 1/2 throttle. I'm thinking I just have a sh!**y carb. I've got some parts but one of the few things I don't have is a spare carb or I'd know by now if it's the carb or not. It really is CLOSE to being right, It just don't want to run at 100%
Anyone else think it might just be a carppy carb?
Thanks,
Big Red.

recently my bike high rev'd when it was in neutral. has that ever happened to yours?

Mine used to rev its' nut off when I clutched it, fixed that by just re-setting the flower nut (I think, I did rebuild the whole motor)

Open clutch side cover, take out the locking screw, and try tightening the flower nut, if that doesn't work, try loosening it (I think you will need to tighten it though)

Hey Malanca,
Check the carb slide. Sometimes it sticks a little but will vibrate back down with the engine running.

Mine used to rev its' nut off when I clutched it, fixed that by just re-setting the flower nut (I think, I did rebuild the whole motor)

Open clutch side cover, take out the locking screw, and try tightening the flower nut, if that doesn't work, try loosening it (I think you will need to tighten it though)

The clutch has NOTHING to do with how the engine "revs". Adjusting the flower nut only adjusts the clutch pressure, not the engine RPMs. You're gonna get the poor guy to get his clutch out of whack for no reason.
You rebuilt your "whole motor" and you think the flower nut had somthing to do with the reving problem? How about YOU REBUILT THE WHOLE MOTOR.
I don't know how long you've been into MBs, but PLEASE check out your information before giving it to someone else. A noob might take your information for gospel and really mess up their engine.
Thanks,
Big Red:eek:wner
Fatdaddy's MotoPeds
San Jose, Ca.
(408)564-5437
P.S. This trike did 35mph when I sold it.

Attachments

• SUNP0034.jpg
    SUNP0034.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
The clutch has NOTHING to do with how the engine "revs". Adjusting the flower nut only adjusts the clutch pressure, not the engine RPMs. You're gonna get the poor guy to get his clutch out of whack for no reason.
You rebuilt your "whole motor" and you think the flower nut had somthing to do with the reving problem? How about YOU REBUILT THE WHOLE MOTOR.
I don't know how long you've been into MBs, but PLEASE check out your information before giving it to someone else. A noob might take your information for gospel and really mess up their engine.
Thanks,
Big Red:eek:wner
Fatdaddy's MotoPeds
San Jose, Ca.
(408)564-5437
P.S. This trike did 35mph when I sold it.

Thanks i'll check that slide. That whole bikes out of wack its so depressing haha i just want to ride again.

has anyone seen these new carbs with that weird red air intake?
they dont have a button to let the gas flow into the bulb

Out of whack?

Hey Malanca, What do you mean by yer bike's all out of whack. Tell us what it's doing or not doing and lets try to get yer knees in the breeze again.
The 2 stroke is a pretty simple engine to figure out(most of the time) so lets get your's fixed and on the road. We need you out there raising "you know what".
Big Red.

Thanks Big Red,
I had started a thread about a week ago on it..pretty much i swapped out the top half of my engine to a brand new bottom part.
any advice or steering me towards the light would be much appreciated

HTML:
http://www.motoredbikes.com/showthread.php?t=34752

Back