Chains How Do I Remove Pin Without Tool?

Aikaru

Local time
12:53 PM
I bought a new chain but my chain breaker is too small for it and I can’t hammer it through because the sides of the pins are bent

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 146
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    276.1 KB · Views: 152
I’ve beat it and beat it and my punch is flattening at the tip and there isn’t even a mark in the pin. This is one high quality chain lol

I use a flat nose, round/ barrel punch for metal. flat lets all the force go to moving the pin, a pointed punch will try driving itself in the pin, and slide around. Use a pair of vise grips to grab the nut and chain to hold it still if you can. the plate from the engine mount, works better to hold the chain with the grips. then just put some wrench underneath, but you may bend tht plate if you dont brace it well.

I use a flat nose, round/ barrel punch for metal. flat lets all the force go to moving the pin, a pointed punch will try driving itself in the pin, and slide around. Use a pair of vise grips to grab the nut and chain to hold it still if you can. the plate from the engine mount, works better to hold the chain with the grips. then just put some wrench underneath, but you may bend tht plate if you dont brace it well.
Yooo I did it. Took bulk cutters and cut the rivet in half on both sides to relieve tension and slammed the living crap out of it and it came out!

Back