How often do you encounter other motored-bike riders?

How often do you encounter other motored-bike riders on the road?

• Daily or close to it (at least 3-5 times/week)

Votes: 7 4.6%
  • Just about every week (1-2 times/week)

• A couple of times per month

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • Infrequently -- a few times per year

Votes: 37 24.5%
  • Only at pre-arranged meetups or special events

• Does looking at yourself in the rear-view mirror count? (i.e. never)

Votes: 84 55.6%

• Total voters
questions at the gas station

I have a two gallon red plastic gas can that I use when I run out of my privet mix. So I was getting down to my last half gallon and I bunged my two gallon red tank to my rear rack and headed to the gas station. I usually go to the local Fred Myers and there in the middle of the parking lot was the line four abreast for gas. Not even a motorcycle in sight. As I was waiting the fellow next to me rolled his window down and explained that he used to work in Panama and those kind of bikes were everywhere down there but I was the first one he saw up here. After a wile it was his turn and later I went up for my little squirt.

The attendant asked if I wanted the tank on my bike filled(I declined) then he asked if the red tank on my rack was hooked to the engine(I responded no I have to mix fuel and oil before I put it in the gas tank on the bike.) "like a mower?" your right I responded and then I got the milage question. I explained that I have a tuned exhaust pipe and I don't get as good as milage as some I told him I get about a hundred and twenty miles per gallon if I keep my foot out of it.

Of all of the people in my part of town I feel like I am totally by myself, I think I am the only MB in this part of the city. and even when I ride my bicycle everybody else seems to be wearing there MP3 player or talking on the phone to involved to note that I was even there. I have met other MB riders and after I explain that I have on too its usually like talking to somebody I have meet before (call it MB bonding)

Mike Frye the bike guy

Are you in Oregon or Washington? In TX if you want an attendant to fill your car, you pay a (much!) higher rate for fuel at a Full Service pump, or do it yourself in the Self Serve line. (9/10 or more are self serve. Some don't even have clerks or registers anymore, no cokes, candybars, or even restrooms. Just a pump and a card reader, armed with surveillance cameras. )

gas station I don't remember ?

I think here (Beaverton OR) they still have gas station attendants. thats something that came up for a vote but I don't remember how it came out.

Since I use such a small amount of gas and I go to only one place since I moved out here I am not a big authority.

meanwhile back to the thread.

mike frye

Here in San Francisco, I've seen a few Mb'ers a year or so ago but have not seen anyone since though I did see someone on an A2B electric last week, moving way to slow for my liking. I ride a night time commute across the city and just have not seen anyone on such a bike. And my morning ride starts before the real commute so I only encounter a few cyclists pedaling to work in the opposite direction. Regarding drivers following us around...I usually get that from cab drivers and drunken idiots,lol.

I encounter other MB riders pretty regularly.Some are idiots,but most are good....just trying to find a sensible/fun way to get around.

hey fector, im from adelaide too and ive only see 2 other people ride HT. one lives aroudn my house and rides everyday to work (i guess) the other i saw down melbourne st. on a black HT an skyhawk i guess??

do you use urs daily? were abouts do u ride around?

cheers

I just built one haven't see any yet but will soon cause i'm starting another build on a 50s
ross tanker just to have someone to ride with.

I SAW ONE. I saw one! :)

I saw a guy coasting on the shoulder of the highway in Rockwall TX. He was on a generic looking comfort bike. Either he had a motor kit, or he had a bike bag under the top tube and one wild tailwind! We were talking about him on the CB, but I couldn't get any info about the motor, and he was going the other way. Still, it was cool! :D

Hi All,

One of the reasons I got into MBs and such was that I saw a guy riding a HEAVILY modded bike (motorcycle rear wheel, leather put on various places, etc.) traveling at 70km/h (43mph for you americans ;) ) down a very busy road in west Edmonton. He had what sounded like a weedeater motor on it, and to be honest it looked like a pretty small motor to be going that fast.

But anyway, it really inspired me to do something like that myself, although I wouldn't go that fast, or even travel on a busy road given the fact that I'm too young to even own a drivers licence, not to mention having enough money to legally convert my bike to be considered a "moped" (there's no in-between here in canada.. it's either an electric pedal assisted bike or a moped).

Jess

Back