How To Install Disk Brakes On 26" Huffy Cranbrook Men's beach Cruiser Bike?

Ok. So I showed this to my friend. He was able to drill holes in the hub that line up with the adapter. Then he tapped and threaded the holes. Then he put longer screws in and put a washers and nuts on the other side. It was a success!!! We were able to attach the disk brake securely to the hub with no problems. Then I found disk brake frame adapters on Amazon that would allow me to attach the caliper to the non-disk brake fork. I have yet to see if they work.
That's exactly what I did with mine. My last build had a 7 speed nexus hub in the back that fit the rear sprocket perfectly. Drilled out the 9 holes and direct mounted it. I used some grade 8 bolts on the brake rotor and made a rugged spacer and it's worked alright so far.

That's exactly what I did with mine. My last build had a 7 speed nexus hub in the back that fit the rear sprocket perfectly. Drilled out the 9 holes and direct mounted it. I used some grade 8 bolts on the brake rotor and made a rugged spacer and it's worked alright so far.
If there is no picture, then it didn't happen.

It doesn't seem like an easy project- getting front disk-brakes on a Cranbrook. Are there any "go-to" non-suspended forks that work on it? Sad thing about Cranbrooks is, a new one is cheaper than almost any used bikes. This Plandemic has really made The World nuts.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
It doesn't seem like an easy project- getting front disk-brakes on a Cranbrook. Are there any "go-to" non-suspended forks that work on it? Sad thing about Cranbrooks is, a new one is cheaper than almost any used bikes. This Plandemic has really made The World nuts.
Here you go.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.

Attachments

• 9CEEFCF2-4486-40DB-A352-E950AF25EAF5.jpeg
    9CEEFCF2-4486-40DB-A352-E950AF25EAF5.jpeg
    433.6 KB · Views: 277
  • 442133A1-E00F-4784-848B-1202C127CB36.jpeg
    442133A1-E00F-4784-848B-1202C127CB36.jpeg
    191.1 KB · Views: 261
Very nice, just like mine.
I’d rather have the 50cc jog pike tho. I can totally hear the exhaust in the expansion chamber part it weird. I never had that experience.

Attachments

• 048BAD6B-D29B-4FEC-8713-654923BF150A.jpeg
    048BAD6B-D29B-4FEC-8713-654923BF150A.jpeg
    365.8 KB · Views: 253
Here you go.
Can I get these in a suspension fork with a disc brake mount.
I looked and couldn't find any , but I might not be looking in the right place

Back