idle problems

solemist

Local time
10:15 PM
I have a motorbike and I just got my new cdi coil on it since my last one decided to melt on me and I was rideing it for awhile today it did great was rideing around for about 2 hours now when I come to a stop it won't idle at all it just stalls out and when I can keep it going and go to move forward it starts off really really slow then gains speed the Lil nut on the clutch plate looks like it keeps moving.... someone help me

Start off by checking for air leaks. These motors will die out on you at a stop with any air leaks. Also make sure everything is tight every time you ride, I learned this the hard way and note I check everything is tight and carry some tools in case I gotta do some on the rode repair or touch ups. Remember that these engine vibrate and things come loose eventually

there should be a small screw in the clutch plate that stops that horrible knurled "flower" nut thingy in place.

not sure from your description, but it sounds like your clutch is slipping, not engaging, operating or something...

Back