intresting bike mod

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by eltatertoto, Jan 5, 2008.

1. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

ok here goes i think this is still a bike mod... i was thinking, my friend and i like to ride around alot but sometimes i go and pick him up, he likes my bikes better than his pieces of sh*** but what i was thinking was put a set of training wheels on one of my bikes (loosley) so i can tilt them up easily but to do that and then atrtach clothes line to either side of the forks and to the sisy bar on my bike this sounds kind of iffey as i write this lol i was just wondering if you guys had any better ideas (i can guarntee you do lol) but the general concept is to tow bikes for as little money as possible... moderators if i put this in whe wrone place please move it please:grin:

2. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Well, I hauled one home by removing the front wheel and wiring the front fork to the back of my other bike. (baling wire, never leave home without it) Wasn't fun, but I made it. Won't get too much cheaper either I don't think.
  3. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

great idea but i would be towing it with a shwinn stingray lol wiiiiiiiiide tire...
  4. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

im suprised i havent got a million posts yet lol slow day i guess
  5. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

i bight try removing thefront tire and attaching it to the back axle on one sied of each frame i.e. left front of bike goes to right rear of stingray:???:
  6. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

7. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

great idea 2 questions though 1 how do you keep it from falling 1 way or the other and 2 how much will one of those run me? and i tried the fork attachment thing but the axle port on my will be towed bike is too little so the fork wont fit.:grin:
  8. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

I use tie-down straps from each side of the handlebars, down to the trailer frame. the bike trails just fine.

walmart has trailers for around $100.00

Attached Files:

9. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

thanks i think i will look on ebay or craigslist though lol not gona spend that much on towing a bike every 1nce in a while
  10. Haggard

Haggard Guest

make one out of an old bike frame that to attaches to the pulling bikes seat post and rear forks. I'll try find or draw you pic
  11. eltatertoto

eltatertoto Guest

thanks cause thats kinda confusing... keep in mind i dont have a welder nor do i know how to weld
  12. i think the golf cart mid night special at the dump and minor mods would seat this app. just fine.
  13. hey ohh

oh I meant golf bag cart 2 Wheel) and mid night auto hehe.