Carby Jets?

Can not take it with you when you die!
someone has a lot of misplaced faith in the longevity of chinese throw away engines... :rolleyes:

anyways...jets are NOT sized on the size of the hole, but on the amount of FUEL THEY FLOW in a given time.

yes, a 78 may actually have a SMALLER hole than a 72... depends how LONG the hole happens to be as well...

at least, thats how mikuni does it, and well...mikuni does have a reputation for reason.

no manufacturing process is that consistent that each and every bit coming out of the machine is identical... not when .005 mm makes a BIG difference.

jets are numbered AFTER being drilled. (and reamed...they ream them too)

for what we do, with these engines... a plain old set of micro drills, be they metric or number types, suffices.

having both types on hand does allow one to get even finer...but why? why bother?

I just bought a jet kit. Gonna try and figure this s**t out man! I know I'm running rich and having issues towards full throttle. It almost sounds like boggy or four stroking past 15mph. Not sure but I WILL figure it out.

I didn't figure I would have to mess with a stinkin jet livin close to 1500ft in the land of OZ. I'm gonna give it a shot though!

Back