Just another TREK

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by Alaskavan, Jul 24, 2007.

1. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

My bike looks pathetic compared to the works of art you people ride. But I do have some killer scenery to ride mine through.[​IMG]

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

looks fine to me dude :D 8) 8) 8)
    the scenery is just icing on the cake :lol: :lol: :lol:
  3. beast775

beast775 Guest

cant beat alaska for scenery!that bike must go well, do you have dual stabilizer bars on your drive wheel cage?just wonderin.howz yer mitsubishi holdin up i have the same motor.
  4. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

I didn't order dual stabalizers when I bought the unit. You live, you learn. I hung a chain with a turnbuckle on the othr side. Recomendation for anyone getting a 43cc mitsu, friction drive. Get the extra stabilizer. Specialy if you have to deal with frost heaves.
    I haven't figured out the exact mileage, but I can ride to the border (44 miles) and back, on less than 1/2 gallon. Gas is $3.79.9 here.
    Now, if I could just figure out how to fish without getting off it.
  5. locoWelder

locoWelder Guest

your bike is far from pathetic Van, its your baby and just as beutiful as the snow caped mountains in the background.
    you love it and that all that matters.

P.S. I like it too 8)
  6. Dockspa1

Dockspa1 Guest

I was 12 years old when I left Petersburg Alaska. Miss It!
    But now I am old and enjoying my motored bike amongst the tall cornfields that seem to go on forever.
    You could hook up an out rigger and follow the paths close to shore for your fishing, until you tie into a 900lb halibut and you start going in reverse. Bring a drag hook to stop him! Ha Ha
  7. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

:lol: motoredtrolling?

nothing pathetic about any motoredbike :)
  8. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Not for sale

I've had so many kids (of all ages) ask if I'd sell my bike to them. I ran across this sticker the other day. I don't know if it will discourage them or pique thier interest.

Attached Files:

9. azbill

azbill Active Member

that's a cool sticker !!! :D:D
  10. heh heh cool sticker alaskavan!
  11. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Got my stickers. Thanks Tom.

Attached Files:

12. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

excellent idea, there. I'll be borrowing that one!!

13. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Some of the roads here are rough. I wore out several small tunbuckles before I got one that is strong enough. I guess I could slow down. NOT.
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2007
  14. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Where no Motored Bike has gone before

I rode out to Chilkat State Park today. I'd forgotten how steep the gravel road down into the park is. No, the bike wouldn't carry me back up the half mile of switchbacks. But I didn't have to push it either:).
    A couple of pictures without the bike in them may have slipped in here:rolleyes:.
    I stopped by the clubhouse. Good place to hang out if any of you ever make it up here.
    No sandy beach like Ocean Park.
    All told, it took about 2 pints of gas:D.

Attached Files:

15. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

no way next summer goes by without me seeing that for myself...a beauty gallery, van...thanks 8)

to be safe, i better sign my year lease again here before leaving.
  16. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Bad company

I'll bet some people thought this was going to be a rant.
    Not likely from me.
    Some friends came in from out of town. I got some pictures of our bikes. I got some shots of individuals posing with my bike, but I won't post those. IMG_0669_1.jpg

17. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

An easy trailer project.

I decided to transform the kids trailer I've been using into a good hauling trailer.
    It actually worked pretty good, but it looked like something a Soccer Mom would drag around. Not my style at all.
    A good sized shop to work in out of the rain is a good thing.
    When I started taking the plastic off the frame, I discovered there were only 2.5 bolts holding it together. Hope I'm not being graded on maintenance.
    Went to the hardware store next door and got some wood and hardware.
    Put some tie-down rings on the sides,
    and on the back, so I'll be able to keep my boat gas tank secure when I haul it to the station for a refill.
    It doesn't look like something a Soccer Mom would tow anymore.

I took a free, funky looking, but functional trailer and replaced the plastic body with a wood flatbed.
    Wood + hardware = $30.
    3 hours shop time (we charge the public $90 per) you do the math.
    It weighs a bit more. I drilled a bunch of holes in the frame, shortening it's lifespan. It will haul stuff almost as well as before.
    But it looks like a guy's trailer.:grin:
  18. jezusjonz

jezusjonz Guest

All I have to say is its all good...the bike the trailer the scenery...nice Alaskavan..nice
  19. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

I forgot

To show what the trailer looks like attached to the bike. Oops. Looks like I might have broken the server again:confused:. It wants me to send a message to the administrator confessing my sins. Don't have time. Hauled a big load of crabs out of the traps this morning. Got to get a lot of water boiling:smile:. I'll try again later.
  20. Now that would be something grand!