Just signed up

cayminlast

Local time
3:45 AM
My first bicycle was a used beater, paid about $3 for it in 1967. I had many bikes as a younster and loved tinkering ect. Last year I built my first custom scratch built mini bike, even with all the street legal requirements no title means big hassle to register, a motorized bicycle on the other hand, is way easier to register and be street legal. So my new project needs information, tips and tricks from experts and others who have experience and know how. Very happy to have found this forum and been welcomed in. Thanks.

My first bicycle was a used beater, paid about $3 for it in 1967. I had many bikes as a younster and loved tinkering ect. Last year I built my first custom scratch built mini bike, even with all the street legal requirements no title means big hassle to register, a motorized bicycle on the other hand, is way easier to register and be street legal. So my new project needs information, tips and tricks from experts and others who have experience and know how. Very happy to have found this forum and been welcomed in. Thanks.
Pictures are a great place to start

So my new project needs information, tips and tricks from experts and others who have experience and know how. Very happy to have found this forum and been welcomed in. Thanks.
Welcome to the cult. If you aren't concerned with money I'd suggest a p85 kit. They are the best kit on the market
I run a P-85 myself, I know GW is calling it a P-85...That is shorthand for Phantom 85 motor but since your brand new to this, I wouldn't have expected you to know that...lol.

This is my "P-85" pic below and a link to where it can be bought..It is exclusive from only one dealer in the USA from both their own site, as well as being an Amazon partner and also through their Ebay site.

DSCN0229.JPG

Thanks for the replies and warm welcome. About 20 yrs ago I built a bike with a friction drive powered by a Stihl brush cutter engine, loved it. last year I was given an old mini bike as a project, it turned out okay, but I decided to try build one from scratch, make as many of the parts as possible from what was laying around ect. I got a new Predator 212 engine and went from there, ended up with a complete bike that has all the required street legal bits and pieces. What I found out is without a title it's nearly impossible to get it registered for road use, but a motorized Bicycle was way easier to get legit registered for public road use. I found a salvaged Electra 26 ladies beach cruiser and so it starts. I have a few pics of last years mini bike, not a bicycle but it's an example. The red and white was first and the blue is custom scratch built. Thanks.

Attachments

• 103.jpg
    103.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 47
  • IMG_20221007_115744.jpg
    IMG_20221007_115744.jpg
    344.6 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_20221007_115854.jpg
    IMG_20221007_115854.jpg
    323.7 KB · Views: 51
Back