Laws in Daytona florida says our bikes are okay

can anyone post this ill take it to the chief myself to get legal. Ive been putting off my build but i cant find any thing online to prove dmv 320.06 and 320.0803 .A link would be helpful. I cant seem to find it

This is not hard. First lets take on the Moped thing. YOu do not have a title . You are not on the approved list of scooters or Mopeds that is 4-5 pages long and contains the latest approved Mopeds to be issued a tag. Their is no homemade provisions. I asked. So if your bike has less then 50 cc and cannot go over 30 MPH whether it is electric or not it is not a moped as far a DMV is concerned. and we go to the top of the page where it is clear as to who and what can be issued a tag. and a Motorized bicycle is clearly exempt from any possibility of being issued a tag. So Chief what ever your name is , Stick that in your butt ( document HSMV 80001 ( rev.5/92) Procedure RS 61
And as far as the clutch thing the DMV states that "the power drive system functions directly (clutch) or automatically without clutching or shifing gears by the operator AFTER the drive system is engaged.. so give that argument its needed resting place. In short Motorized Bicycles are a category recognized by the State DMV in Florida and Chief PuFF Pants needs to get real.

i dont want to get a ticket for a illegal bike on the road. or get my bike impounded its a $500 bike.
I guess i will just wait until i go back to Missouri so i can just ride no plates no license no problem. I hate Florida been here 3 months no transportation while my wife is at work. I guess ill just keep peddling. for now i give up

Last edited:
I don't know about that Gene. After reading your pdf link, I think that if I were a law enforcement officer or a judge, I would have to cite or convict you. Just my opinion now, so don't get all in a huff.
I don't live in Florida, so it's not really my concern. Just wanted to inject my thoughts on the subject.

Well if you can't get a plate then you can't register the bike. And Motorized bikes are not illegal. SO what is your point. I would be convicted of not being able to get a plate?

Well if you can't get a plate then you can't register the bike. And Motorized bikes are not illegal. SO what is your point. I would be convicted of not being able to get a plate?

I don't think a plate or registration would be something he should worrying about.......

i dont want to get a ticket for a illegal bike on the road. or get my bike impounded its a $500 bike.
I guess i will just wait until i go back to Missouri so i can just ride no plates no license no problem. I hate Florida been here 3 months no transportation while my wife is at work. I guess ill just keep peddling. for now i give up

Just go to the DMV and try to get it registered, if you can't get it titled or registered, have them print out that fact and just ride around.... If a cop stops you, just pull out that piece of paper.

What's wrong with just doing that?

Waiting your response.

Well to go to dmv in dade county you have to get an appointment. The first is appointment i can get is almost a month away. By that time i will be going back to Missouri that is on the fifteen of next month so ill just wait until i dont have the hassle with dmv and ill have my truck again. The reason i got this kit is my wife is a travel nurse so we travel all over the country for thee months at a time. I thought it would be a nice cheep alternative mode off transportation. next time ill buy a rack mount seems like they dont draw as much attention.

Last edited:
Well to go to dmv in dade county you have to get an appointment. The first is appointment i can get is almost a month away. By that time i will be going back to Missouri that is on the fifteen of next month so ill just wait until i dont have the hassle with dmv and ill have my truck again. The reason i got this kit is my wife is a travel nurse so we travel all over the country for thee months at a time. I thought it would be a nice cheep alternative mode off transportation. next time ill buy a rack mount seems like they dont draw as much attention.

A MONTH?

I've NEVER heard of that, THat's just REDICULOUS.

I could see maybe a couple of days... but a MONTH? That's not right... I would double check that... If you can't, I'll do it for you... let me know.

Back