Lets talk mirrors.

artmaker

Local time
1:35 PM
So what do us motorized bike nuts do? I am working on a new build, first thing I HAD to do was get rid of the straight mountain bike handlebars, and bought one I really like, lets me sit back... Got this one. off ebay

Well... so the hand grips, which are just a tad too short, tip from the place I bought the motor was insert dowel rods... which happens to work out perfectly. Only needed to add about a half inch just so the ends weren't mushy. Then we have the brake mount, the clutch mount, and if you look at those handle bars, kinda oddly shaped, I have to go even further in before I can mount a mirror. Now I don't need a view of my own boobs bouncing around. I need to see traffic behind me. This was a problem on my last bike though not quite as much of one, (beach cruiser bars on that so they are already kinda wide.)

I found some with an 11.5 inch reach. That MIGHT be enough.... but... do any of you handy folks have a better idea for mounting mirrors far enough out so we can see? and no, the kind that go on the ends of the handle bars won't work. Throttle makes that rather useless.

Links to eBay may include affiliate code. If you click on an eBay link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
First ya get yourself some mirror mounts for 7/8" handle bars.
Then pick yourself out some mirrors with a reach long enough so you won't be looking at your boobs bouncing.
Look at mirrors for scooters or mirrors for M/C. I suggest the mirror mounts be for 8 mm mirror stem threads
M/C or Scooter mirrors come in either 8mm or 10 mm mirror stem threads

Attachments

• DSCF2084.JPG
    DSCF2084.JPG
    114.3 KB · Views: 166
  • DSCF2086.JPG
    DSCF2086.JPG
    130.1 KB · Views: 172
Back