Mirrors

graggy

Local time
7:12 AM
Does anyone put mirrors on their bikes? If so I’m looking for one that clamps on to the handlebars and not the type that goes in the end of the bar. I need something that extends out far enough that I can see behind me. Looking for ideas. I’m finding a lot of junk

Good Luck. They are all hit and miss. From cheap brackets to plastic mirrors that vibrate so much you can not see in them. Then the issue you mention that your shoulder gets in the way which also depends on how far out on the handlebars you can mount it.

I have had best luck with better quaility metal mirrors, heavy clamp brackets (usually better ones sold separately) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BM4F2JB7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Does anyone put mirrors on their bikes? If so I’m looking for one that clamps on to the handlebars and not the type that goes in the end of the bar. I need something that extends out far enough that I can see behind me. Looking for ideas. I’m finding a lot of junk

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
Good Luck. They are all hit and miss. From cheap brackets to plastic mirrors that vibrate so much you can not see in them. Then the issue you mention that your shoulder gets in the way which also depends on how far out on the handlebars you can mount it.

I have had best luck with better quaility metal mirrors, heavy clamp brackets (usually better ones sold separately) https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0BM4F2JB7/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Them are some sexy heavy looking mirror mounts. Thanks Risk Man.

Links to Amazon may include affiliate code. If you click on an Amazon link and make a purchase, this forum may earn a small commission.
As you'll see in my thread; if you can't find it you make it.

They actually look like good mounts for mirrors. Now trying to find a decent extended arm mirror for the left side is getting to be a problem. Not finding much out there that has a decent rating

They actually look like good mounts for mirrors. Now trying to find a decent extended arm mirror for the left side is getting to be a problem. Not finding much out there that has a decent rating
Most of these mirrors are a M6-1.25 bolt system. To make extensions, you can use a 1/4-20 bolt. Cut the head off the 1/4-20 and thread it with a 1/4-20 die. Then get some 1/4-20 threaded rod couplings to join them together. I like putting red Loc-Tite in the couplings once I have everything where I want it. The M6-1.25 and 1/4-20 are almost identical. I had to buy 2 different mirror sets to make mine.

So on my mirrors it goes like this:
Mirror 1 bent arm; coupling; bolt, coupling; mirror 2.

1698170106960.png

1698170006684.png

Back