Like I need another hobby

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by Gear Dog, May 22, 2008.

1. Gear Dog

Gear Dog New Member

Ok so I was talking with a friend and he mentioned getting a motor for his bike.
    He wanted to bike to work but we have a few killer hills so he needs some help.
    Seeing how he has no mechanical abilities at all I told him I would install it for him if he got one. Well he is taking me up on the offer but I need to do the research for him. I figured if I have to tinker with the bike I would be better off finding an engine kit for him. He is on a tight budget so it will have to be a 2-stroke, but one where the parts are readily available. The motor will be mounted on a mountain bike frame with twist shift gears.
    Anyway I just wanted to say hello and look forward to learning from you guys.
    I'm a forum junkie so I know all about the search and FAQ's, I just might need help with the wording.

2. hellbilly

hellbilly Guest

Welcome and good luck!!

3. losenup

losenup Member

Haha, I totally agrre with the Subject.
    I already have to many hobbies, but this is a knew one.
    Good luck!

4. dbigkahunna

dbigkahunna Guest

Welcome to MBc from the Giant Side of Texas!

5. WELCOME to MBc

If you got big hills and you don't want to get out and walk,go for a 48 tooth or even a 50 tooth rear sprocket.
    Top speed would hurt quite a bit but you'll go right up the big hills.
    That's my 2 cents.

6. Gear Dog

Gear Dog New Member

Thanks for the info ,I'll keep that in mind because the last hill on th way home is a long twisty one.