Long Range,very Reliable,quiet And Comfortable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Ed

Thank you for the nice comment about my Tour Easy, but I had to go back and look your bike again, it looked so neat.

I have to say, it is people like yourself that makes this form so interesting. I hope to see your bike after you put the motor on it, I bet you come up with a pretty slick application.

By the way, I see you live somewhere in northern Virginia. I moved out to California a short while back from Lynchburg, Virginia. I called my neighbor in Lynchburg, he says their getting plenty of snow. How about yourself?

Good luck on your project Ed, I'll be watching.

Will,

Yeah we're getting hammered in Northern Virginia...28 inches two days ago and they're projecting another 10 or so inches tonight. Not much by some peoples standards but our infrastructure is not set up to handle this much snow all at once.

Regarding the bike; I'm not sure this one will get a motor. I'm debating building a new frame around the motor or adapting the motor to an existing frame. It's all open to discussion at this point.

Very clever chain set up. I ride trikes and 2 wheel recumbents. You have certainly given me ideas! Love it!

I have had a chance to put a few miles on the bike and made a couple of changes in the chain area. Working very fine now but found I had to be careful when changing gears and not be agressive. It is a good system but more prone to problems if not used with care.

Now that I have got used to it, it is great. Where I live it is mostly flat so I reall don't really need the gears except on a freeway overpass and even then with light peddling I don't need to change gears. We have a place up at the lake where there are a lot of hills and will give it a try up there.

Will

Nice bike!!

Will,

This bike looks perfect for touring. It is the best idea I've yet seen. The engine is low for good handling and low noise and it is forward, leaving the rear for touring bags. I'm going to try to build one myself. Can you answer a few questions? How did you build the free wheeling front sprocket, and how does it work? If you want to pedal thru town, do you disconnect the motor chain, or leave it to run the clutch? If you leave it, does it drag very much? Who is "Jerry the scooter guy" and how do I get in touch with him? Have you checked the fuel mileage yet?
Thanks
Roofman6

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a picture under photo gallery that I just recently posted of the bike in the finished state.

I bought the free wheeling front sprocket from Jerry who I have not been in contact with for a long time. He is listed under vendors on this forum (The Scooter Guy) . When you stop peddling the sprockets keeps turning under engine power.

I disconnect nothing when I pedal and I notice very little drag, if any.

I ride very little anymore, in fact th bike sits most of the time so I may not be accurate on fuel mileage but would guess from the rides I have taken and what I have read it should be around 200.

Yes, you are right. It is very good for distant rides and that is what I built it for but never got to use it much. At 25-30 mph the motor turns at a low comfortable RPM and hills are no problem.

I don't think the Scooter Guy Is around any more.

Bike stolen from my garage by three black men who were spotted by my neighbors. Called police, no luck, guess it is gone. Too bad, it was a real winner.

Nuts!

Sorry about your bike Will. I hope you get it back in one piece. That was one fine ride. I am building another tour easy to put a Harbor Freight 2.5 hp engine on. Do you recall the gear reduction on your bike. I am going to make this one a shifter bike.

Sorry about your bike Will. I hope you get it back in one piece. That was one fine ride. I am building another tour easy to put a Harbor Freight 2.5 hp engine on. Do you recall the gear reduction on your bike. I am going to make this one a shifter bike.

Hi Elmo

I don't know what the gear reduction was. The Scooter Guy (Jerry) worked this out for me and sent the parts. I think he is out of business, tried to contact him but his phone has been disconnected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back