Long Range,very Reliable,quiet And Comfortable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are these really that much more comfortable. Was wounding about the lower back? Like when I cannot stand up straight after a mean ride.

Attachments

• 3297696385_a9d41ab82c_b.jpg
    3297696385_a9d41ab82c_b.jpg
    624.7 KB · Views: 474
Last edited by a moderator:
That is some good craftsmanship! Good looking ride. I have never tried these style bikes. I have done a lot of long range runs on custom mountain style bikes with road gears front and rear. I will have to find one of these to try some time.

That is one very sweet job of design and fabrication. Now to take that basic design and instead of bringing the paired lower tubes together at the rear drop out, flare them and and the upper drop out rails to support a delta trike rear end, with the seat back actually between the leading edges of the two rear wheels, with the seat back fully adjustable.

Nice work!

Great build! The motor and drive train look like it was made for the bike. DDM sells 1.5 liter go-ped gas tank for longer range. They even sell gas tank cover's in all black so it is not so noticeable. I have one on my bike. Pics are in my album if you would like to see. Awesome bike and very clean craftsmanship!

Will,

Your motored Toureasy looks really good. I never would have thought to add a motor they way you did. So you have freewheeling crankset, and drive the motor thru the rear gears? That's awesome and must be very fast.

The yellow bike I showed in a prior post was the second Toureasy clone I built, and with the second one I tried to fix alot of the issues with the first. It took around 2 months of playing with the design in my drawing tool before I got it right. The frame is custom sized for me.

I picked up one of those 2-1/2 HP engines from Harbor Freight, I'm wondering how hard it would be to put that engine on my Toureasy clone? Anyone have other examples of recumbents with motors on them. I'm not really interested in rack mount examples, though.

Meridian with Titan motor

I'm assuming your Brad from Atomic Zombie.

I'm in the process of building a Meridian and I'm having a lot of fun in the process. I just got the steering linkage connected yesterday so I pushed it up a small hill and coasted to test it out. I'll soon have the crank mounted and will be able to actually pedal.

Anyway...I plan on eventually mounting a 4-stroke motor to the Meridian. I thought about mounting the Titan 4-stroke under the seat. One of the nice things about the Titan is that it has a right hand clockwise drive. I'll go straight from the clockwise drive to a freewheeling front sprocket and essentially have an eight speed transmission.

I recommend taking a look at the Titan on thatsdax.com website. It's a very reliable engine that gets great reviews.

Josh

Will,

Your motored Toureasy looks really good. I never would have thought to add a motor they way you did. So you have freewheeling crankset, and drive the motor thru the rear gears? That's awesome and must be very fast.

The yellow bike I showed in a prior post was the second Toureasy clone I built, and with the second one I tried to fix alot of the issues with the first. It took around 2 months of playing with the design in my drawing tool before I got it right. The frame is custom sized for me.

I picked up one of those 2-1/2 HP engines from Harbor Freight, I'm wondering how hard it would be to put that engine on my Toureasy clone? Anyone have other examples of recumbents with motors on them. I'm not really interested in rack mount examples, though.

I'm assuming your Brad from Atomic Zombie

Hi Josh- No, I'm Ed from atomBIKES. No relationship, other than similar sounding names. I am the designer of the atomBLASTER front wheel drive recumbent, and the atomBOLT no-weld front wheel drive recumbent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back