Looking to buy a bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you don't plan to commute long distances, electric assist may work for you. Installing an electric kit can involve little more than replacing your front wheel with an electric hub motor wheel and mounting the batteries on your cargo rack.

wheelbender6: That's intriguing. Do you have any info on reliable suppliers/good products? Thanks. -Chris

There are many Nice

high quality bike motor kits out there that require very little skill and very basic hand tools that everybody should have..

GEBE ( golden eagle )
staton
Dax Titan
Bike motor parts
Dimension edge

For example a GEBE system can be installer in about a hour with just a screwdriver and crescent wrench...

Choosing a good bike is just as important as choosing the right engine...
V brakes !!!! Good tires not stock ones!!! Strong wheels !!!! 26 inch bikes work best...maybe suspension if you ride on rough roads..provisions to carry extra fuel... A good light...a speedo... Good high quality seat is a must ...

And Laws !!! Don't waist your money to find out the police won't allow you on the streets...

And also keep in mind the the MB laws are kinda iffy to say the least.

In my state they are legal , but your local police dept. Can say no !!!
So instead of just trusting the state law.. Ask some riders in your area and if there are none ask a local cop ..

Bikes for sale

Chris I have two new bikes in the for sale post. Honda GXH 50 with Staton friction drive. Very quiet 4 stroke. Check out the pics and let me know what you think. Would sell motor and drive separate from bike if you don't want bike. I also have a Micargi Rover GT with Daemon friction drive and 2stroke motor. I would also sell the motor and drive separate on this bike. Very easy to install comes with need tools to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back